A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cartoon Effects or Filter

Cartoon Effects or Filter

Hi there,

Does anybody know of a graphics software that would allow me to apply a cartoon effect to a JPEG? In other words, let's say I open a photo of me(JPEG), than I would apply such cartoon effect to the photo and will be converted to a cartoon? I would really appreciate any info regarding this. Thanks and God Bless....

Hi

I'm looking for the same lol

I dont think there is such a thing guys... Sorry to burst your bubbles, I could be wrong but it doesnt sound remotely close to anything I know that .jpgs are capable of.

The best you can do is trace over it with a pen tool. If done well it can come out very good.

The enemy's gate is down
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Now entirely made up of magic internet dust bits!

You're probably not going to get exactly what you are looking for, but you can try the Artistic>Cutout filter. Crank the number of levels all the way up and the edge simplicity all the way down and you might have something quick and dirty that you can use.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

try a few xero ps type plugins depending on the nature of the work.

Thanks guys/gals for the tips on doing this...It's a shame that there isn't an application, ect to do this, it would be very helpful for us not so gifted at drawing or painting.......What a shame....Still thanks for the tips...Take care and God Bless...

www.his2ndcoming.org

If you have Fireworks, there should be a "Find Edges" filter, under other. That's the closest thing I can find, and it works decently if you inverse the colors afterwards, then tweak the Brightness and Saturation... Gives you a black outline.

This is kinda creepy, I just used this filter to make a cartoon-ish picture of myself for my yearbook ...

maybe trace bitmap in Flash?
    *pound*

Photoshop - Filters- Artistic - Cutout

Adjust your contrast and colours.... take out the background and here is the effect...

Palette Masters design
    Oentsjerk Netherlands
    http://www.pittypattermarket.com