Howdy!

Im currently putting together my major project in an effort to complete my degree and I have run into the following problems with respect to flash, I am hoping some of you guys might be able to point me in the right direction as to what area of actionscript I need to look at.
Oh, and Im using Flash MX 2004

1. i have created a digital clock. Which is consistent with all game screens. There are 5 gaming puzzles to solve with a minute for each, I have added each secont onto a frame within a movie clip. The first time you try the puzzle i want users to have a minute, the second time if they fail, I need the framerate to go slower so users have more time.

2. A section has a series of eyes opening an closing, I have set them up as a movie clip withn a button, the over state closes the eye. Here I want users to hit the eyes 10 times and on the 10th hit the eye will stay closed. it has been mentioned to me I may need to look at variables here, can anyone expand on this or confirm variables would be the way to go?

3. This is a simple one! Ive searched the net for tutorials on how to create a cigarette smoking in an ashtray but cant seem to find one that looks effective, any suggestions?

4. I have a jigsaw based game, and have a series of small puzzle piesces, when you drag the piese into the correct target area I want the small piesce to swap with the larger version and snap to place.

I'd really appreciate if any of you guys could point us in the right direction on any of these aspects

I can attach some of the files if anyone would have the time to take a quick look at them

Cheers