A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Coloring Diagrams???

Coloring Diagrams???

Hello!
    I need some help here in one of my flash project. In which i have to develop a Drawing in which users(childrens) can fill colours of their choice from the selected color options/list.

I have attached a file, i want to create an interactive flash page for childrens, in which they can color the figure by selecting colors of their choice from the selected list of colors.

I am working on Flash MX 7.2, But unfortunately i don't know much about flash scripting. Therefore i need help/guide of you guys, kindly advice me how can i make it possible.

Any help, suggestions, guide will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Amir
    Attached Files Attached Files

Something like this

Originally posted by sergwiz
    Something like this

Sergwiz,
    YOU ARE MIND BLOWING!!!
    Its great, this is the same thing i wanted onto my project
    I studied your FLA, and i found that the MC of FON is basically on what the color changes. But what if we want to add more FON kind of MCs, then do we have to insert their labels into the actionscipt ??
    Because the FON symbol is only circle type, what if we are working on some kind of complex figure, then we cannot adjust this FON every where, so what we will have to do for this ??

Also let me know how can we display the selected color and how can we change the cursor to any brush style image when someone clicks on any color ??

BTW, i really appreciate your help and guideance.
    I am quite dump in action scripting, therefore understanding scripts is little difficult for me

But anyway, Thank you soo much for your great help.

Thanks a LOT again!

Take a look at the example

Dear Sergwiz,
    Thank you soo much for putting out time for me and very much sorry for my very late response to your post. I see the work you did, its amazing, in this file you changed your script. In your first file, i understand a lot from your scripts, but this one is some difficult for me to understand.

Anyhow, i utilizied your scripts on my work and i have attached the file, please check the file and let me know how am i going.

Also, there is two things which i wish to also cover and in this i really need your attention. That is, when you click on any part of the Drawing to fill color into it, a sound and/or vibration onto that part begins, it is because that a child will find it more interesting and will obviously get more into it. Is it possible ??

And the other thing is that, when a person finished coloring a drawing, he will be capable of making its coloured printout, which he has done. Is it possible ??

Please let me know, how can i make it possible.

Anyhow, the help you have made for me is really appreciative, and i specially thanks a lot to you.

///////////////////////////////////
    ACTUALLY THE FK WAS NOT ATTACHING THE FILE BECAUSE IT WAS LITTLE BIG IN SIZE, S I UPLOADED TO ONE OF MY FRIEND'S DOMAIN, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE ZIP FILE FROM THEIR, THE PATH IS:
    http://www.high-techsmachineries.com/temp/13.zip

Thanks Again,
    Amir

I cannot open your zip file. System says "incorrect file format or file is corrupted".

Dear Sergwiz,
    Please check the following link again, sorry for my late reply and for uploading the splitted file.

http://www.high-techsmachineries.com/temp/13.zip

Kindly check out my work, and please guide me how can i add sounds in to the movie in such a way that a sound plays if a user click on any part of the image for filling out color.

I have only used your first file, your first file was very much easy to understand, i understand it and added the scripts as per my requirements, but your last file, in which you changed many things, is quite difficult to study, i have not understand it yet but i'll understand.

Kindly check out the file and please advice me.

Thank you soo much for your kind help and guideance.

Amir.

Here you go...
    If you want to print every colorised picture you have to change the structure of your movie.

GREAT!!
    its amazing,
    Scripting is every thing!
    Thank you soo much, i really really appreciate your guideance.
    Its a big deal for me

Anyhow, i really thank you for doing all this. Well, regarding the print option, how canw we make it ?? I won't use the print option in this movie, but i wish to add it to the next movies, so if you let me know how can we add print option and what things we will have to change, then i'll consider them while working in the future.

Also, i have a character in this movie, which walks, i tried my best to make this walk better, but the i did the most best walk i can. I have attached the file, and i wish that you look at it and let me know how can i make it more better and real one.

Due to the heavy size of file, it cannot be attached here, so i have uploaded it, right here:
    http://www.high-techsmachineries.com/temp/walk.zip

Thanks a lot again.
    Have a nice day.
    Amir