A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dtads.com, Be brutally honest, about my website

Dtads.com whats your impression

The brand new website, www.dtads.com

Hello just finish the company's website.....

Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by Dtads; 12-09-2006 at 06:31 PM.

Dude.. in the English Language - Were is not always Where.

When speaking in relevance to an incident, object or place, such as

Where creativity never stops evloving - or whatever.

So, to recap - Where is Where it's at not were.

Sorry.. I'm a teacher.

^^ What he said. Unless it's on purpose or has some deeper metaphorical meaning, that has to be a major blunder. If it is on purpose, I don't see the point of it and I doubt anyone will.

Now onto the layout...
    Splash page- looks OK, font is slightly cheesy (most futuristic fonts belong on geocities sites). The homepage looks *much* better than the splash but your content boxes expel HTML code. Check your fla's. Menu rollovers are way too slow. The vector feature on the left looks good and adds some depth. Some of the pixel fonts look cheesy and ugly. That's about it- oh and you havent set the page margins to 0 (Firefox).
    Last edited by ivanthem; 05-14-2005 at 11:24 PM.

Digital Pimp
    Decent colors, the typography is very nice and the graphics are working.

I didn't like the transitions from page to page. They were pointless. Give the transitions relevance or just don't have them at all. It looks as if you didn't know what else to do...'so mask this box over the content'.

PC

Originally posted by ivanthem
    ^^ What he said. Unless it's on purpose or has some deeper metaphorical meaning, that has to be a major blunder. If it is on purpose, I don't see the point of it and I doubt anyone will.

Cheers, That was the original idea, I use the were metaphorically, but I can see the point you are coming from, not a lot ppl are going to quickly grasp, they could basically think a typing error.

Now onto the layout...
    Splash page- looks OK, font is slightly cheesy (most futuristic fonts belong on geocities sites). The homepage looks *much* better than the splash but your content boxes expel HTML code. Check your fla's. Menu rollovers are way too slow. The vector feature on the left looks good and adds some depth. Some of the pixel fonts look cheesy and ugly. That's about it- oh and you havent set the page margins to 0 (Firefox).
    I here what you saying about the slow rollover, but it seems you have a personal hatred for pixel font.

I am not to sure what you meant by the html code...
    But cheers anyway, really appreciated it

Anymore comments,

I love pixel fonts but some of the ones you used (you quite a few different ones) looked kinda ugly and square. Just my opinion though
    As for the HTML code, sometimes (after viewing the site a few times) the Recent project and welcome box contains HTML code i.e. <p align="center">. Dunno why- maybe its cuz I'm still on 56k and its too slow

I understand what you mean, about the pixel, I guress my love for it got over me, , but I have changed the main button text from pixel to true type, I think its looks better.
    Its pretty strange how you get the html code, but will have another look at it, probably going to install firefox on my machine to see exactly what you mean.
    Have a look at it when you can.

Thanks

I took a look at your HTML code and you're missing the <body> tag- add <body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0"> and then the page margins will be gone. As for the pixel fonts, I was referring to the ones on the bottom of the page- nevertheless your menu looks nice in truetype too. Also I noticed that the interface (right side of SWF) starts appearing and then disappears and then proceeds to appear again. Looks kinda strange.