A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Personal Site Update

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar

Personal Site Update

Hi all,

I know it's been a long time but I've been making some needed updates to my Flash site. First off, I updated the background to reflect my growing experience with PS and I also removed the white strip which I felt was obstructing the view of the bg. Also, I have re-worked the loops section to make it more enjoyable and there is a new background loop. Let me know what you guys think about the changes,

Here's the URL:

http://www.geocities.com/valerian5200/Index.html

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice one Ben.

This is definetely an improvement, a couple of comments though.

The preloader font doesn't really work with the rest of the site. Remember uniformity is very important in websites, judging by your preloader font, I was expecting something much different.

I think the grey lines above and below the navigation are probably redundant. They are not noticeable enough to "anchor" the menu, and serve no real purpose IMO.

The buttons are decent, but they seem stretched. I think this is because the buttons and the navigation text have been stretched too far vertically.

I like your new background, it gives a really nice ambient presence and coupled with the music sets the scene quite nicely.

What about some really subtle, low alpha effects fading in and out in the background, maybe give it that extra touch - maybe not, be creative - extend yourself!

I think you need to left justify your copy....or change the font size or something. To me it just doesnt look proffessional the way its just floating there. I dunno.

In your music section the body text doesnt have enough breathing space on the sides. You have plenty of room vertically so use that space!

I think also you have left justified some sections text and center aligned others, remember uniformity - they should all be the same in this situation.

With your artwork section I like the scrolling thumbnail menu. However, I think you should make sure that the thumbnails are aligned perfectly and all have the same height. Also the text underneath the thumbnails is jsut floating. Line this up.

"Other stuff", more alignment issues, you really need to work on setting your page layouts so they line up better, also more breathing space for the text.

And that's it, nice work mate, look forward to the next versions to come!

Addicted To FruityLoops Studio FlashKid105's Avatar
    Yeah.

I think for the artwork section, I've been having issues with the thumbnails not turning out to be uniform in size like I hoped. I'll have to work on that but I don't think there will be anymore major updates coming in the future.