A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Musician site, is it revolutionary?

Digital Pimp

Musician site, is it revolutionary?

Curious about your thoughts.

Cliff Knizley

Thanks,

PC

I love it. I really do. The one thing i hate though is the slow transitions between pages. They are WAY to slow.

I love the site as well, great navi and animation - however, we must have more speed.

I have my display really large, but with no auto resize - it's a little cumbersome.

Cheers,

Digital Pimp

Kindness

Thanks for your kind words. My multi-media director has outdone himself with this one. I really love the site too.

Speeding up the transitions....hmmmm. I too am troubled by the transitions between pages. Not because of the speed but the smoothness or possibly lack thereof. The site is meant to set a vibe. That vibe is mellow, it fits with the beautiful sounds coming out of that guitar. Truly, I believe we've captured the essence of this artist.

We will kick around the transition concept a bit more. Maybe there should be a sound between pages? As always, I respect and appreciate those of you who have taken the time to review this project. Surely, one of our most profound works thus far. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PC

very nice, not revolutionary.

exclusive member ( V I P ) tiGRAN=-2001's Avatar
    amazing, the videos are really eye popping, great atmosphere.

his fingers running on the string make an annoying sound tho

I notticed that the scrollbar on the main page is dark, I thought the light part was the bar. You should try changing it so that the dark part is the background of the scroll bar.

It's a nice site, but what is up with the pop-up window size?
    It is very large. I am using 1024x768 and I couldn't see the whole thing, I had to drag the window over just to close it out.

I could see all of the content, there was just a large white space on the right side.

i liked it but my only thing was the size on the pop up window, lack of subtle sound effects and it moved kinda slow between transitions.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

great site

Oh man, this really set the bar for musician sites. This is great for people who have high speed and want to see you in action. The music is great, and the design is clean. I was afraid something lame would happen after the wall falls apart, but you really came through with something that surprised me. The design is rich with detail, and the animation is subtly pleasing. The integration with video is really the best yet I've seen. I'm also really impressed with your music and technique. Great site!

Thanks for the input

Hey i am the designer for the site and i wanted to say thanks for the input. I went throught and work on the stuff you guys had mentioned. please give it a second look if you have a chance. I welcome the input. thanks

J
    "If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tuff"

I'm a POTato Head! The Whyte MaN's Avatar
    It looks a lot better.
    I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct.

I realy like that wall and the singer.
    Unfortunally i wait to much in front of a white screen.
    Maybe you should use preloaders...
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hi,
    I have to agree that the transitions are way to slow.
    I fell you can keep the mellow vibe and still increase the transition speed. It may be as easy as increasing the frame rate of the movie. It almost feels as if its running at 12 fps. Where as it should be running closer to that of full motion video.

Heres an idea that might help:
    Instead of reversing out of the current scene and then going to a white page then doing another transition, you could have the guitar player stop playing and put his guitar into a resting position (guitar vertical on his knee)Then show a preloader for the next transition. This is where you would transition into the next section.
    To me, the white page pulls the focus away from the site and content thus losing the interactive feel of the design.

3P

hey james42five you got some talent but as a web designer you should know that no one wants to wait 45 seconds for a page to fade in and out. 1 to 2 seconds max for a transition.
    chris davis

Hey thanks for taking a look at the site. I am trying to hammer out the speed issues you guys are talking about. The transitions are running at 60fps so it's not the frame rate, but I am pretty sure it has to do with all of the bitmaps. I have been working and tweaking it and I have it running smoothly on a dell 1.2 ghz laptop with 256mb of ram. I also have a braodband connection. It runs fine here and i have tested it on a few diffrent macs and pc's but haven't had these speed issues yet. I am working now on a loader but I am keeping the bandwidth usage well under 250kb a sec so unless your using your bandwidth for other stuff I think the site sould be loading in time. But I am also used to how fast broadband runs here in Ocala florida. Our connection speed is usually pretty quick due to lack of population. But let me know a little about what you guys are experiencing so I can hammer this out. thanks for you time and advise. And if you guys have any tips for optimizing a site like this than I'm sure others would find the information as usefull as I would. thanks,

J
    "If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tuff"