A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Intros

Flash Intros

I'm going to be doing some Flash intros (hopefully a lot of them and for a long time), that need to be very "cinematic", I guess would be the word to describe them. Kind of like when you go to a movie website, and the Flash intro works as almost like a trailer for the movie. I don't need help on the Flash end, but I'd like to prepare myself as far as how to effectively present these in a compelling way that generates interest. I took a film class, but that was a long time ago, and I need some sort of refresher and to learn some new tricks of the trade. Can anyone recommend any books or classes (short-term, like a week or so and not a full semester at somewhere like Full Sail)?

Thanks

some dude

flash intros

Learn After Effects

That's a big investment, but I could see how that might be the way to go. Any recommendations for After Effects books?

some dude
    Use Adobes Latest version. Their book is the one to get.

I thought flash intros died a death ages ago.

My soon to be ex-boss demanded one for our own company's website. He didn't seem to comprehend the fact they are a waste of time and (usually) look naff. But hey what would I know being a web designer and him being an old-school print designer who can't even open an email nevermind work any graphics software.

Skip post >
    Keep it rural.

if you're on a mac, i highly suggest apple motion. its much cheaper than after effects and would be much more appropriate for what you're trying to do.
    Bill Erickson: resume | portfolio
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4
    Great Designs for $100

Thanks, Bill. First of all, nice portfolio. I am on a Mac and Apple Motion looks very cool. Does it interact with Flash pretty easily as far as you know? Even if one didn't have a Mac, you could purchase Motion 2 and a Mac Mini and it would still be cheaper than After Effects.