A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: got paid 5 grand for this....should have asked for more or shoud i be happy?

got paid 5 grand for this....should have asked for more or shoud i be happy?

Basically....I want to know what you guys think about this site I just completed......

http://www.laurentolivier-usa.com

Speak your mind but please, be constructive in your critics......

Thanks to all....

"critiques" that is...i hate misspellings!!!!

anybody ??

Please...some critique would be nice.....It's a simple site and I tried to keep it clean.....how could it be improved....I only have 2 more days before turning it over to the client.....

anybody?

Hi,

I'm still waiting for a review for mine as well... :P

I think your layout is good, though I find a bit confusing to have two menus for global navigation ... I don't know if the site structure was made by them or by you, but it could be better laid out... Something like the horizontal menu being the main nav, and the vertical being the submenu for that main nav.

As for the looks of it, I'm viewing it at 1400x1050, and the one thing I'd like to point out is the menu letter type and size (it's not anti-aliased and it's a bit small..), but it's not that important.

A suggestion is to make your menus more animated. a white-block-to-transparent quick flash, or smtg more elaborated.

overall, very nice
    Last edited by acseven; 05-25-2005 at 05:19 AM.
    please check my latest website, and comment using this thread.

I appreciate the amount of work entailed ...so for the next time.

I assume you are male.

These products are female.
    The Black is very macho.
    Most sites I have seen on FK are macho.

http://www.marietillbert.com

Take a look at this link, I know its html but it will demonstrate how women think on the Internet and as they are the biggest retail consumer I do think we as men should consider the way they view things.

If in doubt take a look at any high class women's magazine.

Nothing wrong with the workmanship except I find the font colors difficult to read.

Cheers

to answer the question in your threat title, i'd definitely be happy with 5 grand. if it took you 50 hours to create, you'd still be making $100 an hour. most of us would agree that's quite nice.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

5 grand is alot of money yeah!
    If i got that, i could work on that site for a month

Que paso, que paso, vamos ahi? Don Ramon's Avatar
    If you do not see the animation at the top please CLICK HERE to install the Flash Player. It is free.
    i think it should read more formal like

If you do not see the animation at the top, please CLICK HERE to install the free Macromedia Flash player.

also the link to http://www.laurentolivier-usa.com/La...r_WorlWide.htm doesnt appear to work

due to the site's format i was expecting it to be a full flash site, it should'nt have been a problem since its only informative....and yeah if you closed the deal with $5,000 thats more than enough...i've settled for less than half of that
    Last edited by Don Ramon; 05-26-2005 at 05:44 PM.
    Drink milk!

I like it, the black background gives it a dark feel and sets off the pictures nicely.

One thing I would say, when you go from one section to another, the size of the box (the frame with the white outline) changes sizes. because of this, the pages seem to jump around slightly - just a minor, but may make it look a bit sleaker.

I also agree that the text for downloading the flash player could be written with a corporate slant - your text would be fine if it was your personal site.

thank you to all who have answered....

Now all I need is to get 3 or 4 like this project each month....

Wouldnt that be nice???

Que paso, que paso, vamos ahi? Don Ramon's Avatar
    i know but remember most proyects take more than a month and you have to settle your earnings for the whole period youre in the proyect. but anyways you got a juicy deal from those guys mang
    Drink milk!