A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: red cross using HIV blood....

red cross using HIV blood....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4595039.stm

More than 3,000 people have died since getting the tainted blood in the 1980s.

The blood scandal is widely regarded as one of the worst public health disasters in Canadian history.

The organisation now faces a fine of up to C$5,000 ($4,000)

four thousand dollars???? for knowigly exposing thousands of people to HIV???

that's insane...

Registered pseudo intellectual

Re: red cross using HIV blood....

Originally posted by big_k
    four thousand dollars???? for knowigly exposing thousands of people to HIV???
    that's insane...
    True, but what's fining the Red Cross going to achieve?

well at least someone finally derived a price on human life, $1.33

It (The Red Cross) said it would donate C$1.5m ($1.2m) towards medical research and educational scholarships.
    Federal prosecutor John Ayre said the fine was adequate given the Red Cross's status as a humanitarian organisation, noting it no longer collects or distributes blood.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...361360,00.html

Federal prosecutor John Ayre said the fine was adequate given the Red Cross's status as a humanitarian organisation, noting it no longer collects or distributes blood.
    i'm not in canada but the red cross was just at my job yesterday asking people to donate blood.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Registered pseudo intellectual
    Originally posted by J-Luv
    i'm not in canada but the red cross was just at my job yesterday asking people to donate blood.
    I think the term 'Red Cross' is used as an umbrella term for all 'Red Cross societies', in which many large countries have their own, run independently. I dont think there is any global governing body, so to speak.

Yeah there is a red cross donating thing around here almost every month it seems like. We even had a blood drive at our college...i really don't think you want any of that blood. it was on a saturday morning too...i bet you could have drank that and got drunk.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna