A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: AI for tile based game

AI for tile based game

hello, ok i'm going to try and word this so it makes sense. I am creating a flash game called Shadow, and i was wondering what actionscript i would need to make an AI which moves 18 steps, at 90° turns (left, right, up, down), about, say, every second, and if he runs into the main character, instance name, hero, then it jumps to the second frame saying, 'game over' or such.

Yeah, but there might be a problem, when the character moves so does the screen, (giving the hole running in place thing) so he only moves 9 steps and the background moves 9 steps in the opposite direction, this might mess up the AI creature, not only that, but there is walls in this game, and the AI needs to stop after he hits the wall so the hole moving background might mess it up, if so then i will just make the man move, so hope you can help me with the AI.

For simple enemy:
    http://www.tonypa.pri.ee/tbw/tut09.html

The fact that background is scrolling doesnt change anything:
    http://www.tonypa.pri.ee/tbw/tut13.html

thanks

thanks for the help, but i will need more time to read it all, do you think you can just give me the actionscript for one? if not i'll just check it out when i have a free night

Razor
    The code we supply you might not work with the way you have you current tile engine set-up so we would need to see that or just try and give you an example to work off of.

Sorry, but I think you will have to read - the tutorials are very good - and you should be able to adapt them to your needs once you get your head around the concepts within.