A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jacko Verdict - 4:45PM EST

Guilty or not, wacko is not a preditor. Any family dumb enough to let their kid kick it with him (at this point) deserves what ever bad thing may come of it.
    At least I know of two americans who beleive in the system now.
    There should be a super-law that says if you are brought up on that many charges you can just skip the trial and fry the bastard.

One guest on the news said he is a great preditor. He chooses kids from disfunctional families to prey on. And that is a fact. It's a default fact. I can not imagine a functional family allowing their kid to spend the night with that weirdo under any circumstances.

I'm with Mark P on this one.

The family was trying to scam Jackson.
    Did he commit the crime in question against alledged victum? Not could he not would he not is he freaky not He could have done it to lots of others. The jury didn't come back in ten minutes the jury deliberated long and hard.

there are guys that steal little girls from their beds at night, spirit them away to savagely rape them for days, then dump thier hacked up bodies in makeshift graves. this seems to happen weekly these days, yet we are suppose to be worried about michael jackson?....really? i think that's part a big part of it with this case. unlike when john doe rapist/murderer gets let off because of 'reasonable doubt', everybody can prevent thier kids from harm from jackson...he is no threat, as you know who and where he lives. he'll never be that guy down the street or the freaky bagger guy at the grocery.

jacko should still watch himself though. alchoholics shouldn't work in bars, and chubby girls shouldn't work at baskin robbins. michael needs to steer clear of the wee ones from now on...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    michael needs to steer clear of the wee ones from now on...
    ...and the wee ones' wee ones.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Okay, all this garbage about "parents can keep their kids away" stuff only applies to people who:
    a. have parents (a lot of these kids are from broken homes or no homes at all)
    b. have good parents (see the recent case)
    c. have alternatives

In these cases, Michael Jackson offers you an imaginary world of giant toys, money and wonder ... compare that to a cardboard box, a run down trailer, a roach infested project, or an abusive father/mother ... well, you can see why they'd gravitate to him. Some people believe in him still, and will still go to him ... look at all the fans he has at the trial.

Only thing I'm worried about is if he ever does (remember, he has never been proven to ) molest a child, who would believe them ... who would bother bringing the case ... what would be the chance of justice ... let's just hope that he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by iaskwhy
    And ya got to wonder, what would the jury say if it were little girls in his bed?
    True. And what would a jury say if it were the same facts, except instead of MJ it was some random UPS worker? They probably wouldn't buy the whole eccentric argument.

Anyway, I can't pretend to know either way. But, I'm going to party because the whole stupid thing is over. The media (or the public) picks the worst cases to 'go big' with.

"Beyond reasonable doubt" is what the legal system is based upon.

Is MJ a freak? yes
    Is he a peadophile? maybe, the evidence just wasn't there and the witness not credible enough in this case.

You can't be eccentric if you're not rich and/or famous. People tend to label you a lunatic and lock you up

Last edited by Naked inc.; 06-20-2005 at 09:42 PM.

i dont know if MJ was guilty or not but it does illustrate the power of a good (expensive) defence, i'm sure a lot of cases are decided not on guilt or innocence but the skills of a good wordsmith..
    i think that this is sometimes the real crime, that innocent people can be found guilty simply because of a lack of good defence and vice versa.

Do you think the Jackson verdict was fair? * 952944 responses

Yes 43% No 57%

That's the live poll on MSN.com. Let's do one for OJ.

Heard a guest on a news program the other night that said "more people fear the US government than fear organized crime". I wonder why that is?

Alright, I appreciate the words but I'm a realist, not a hippy. There are certain things that MOST people like ...

if you live in the gutter, and then you're shown a palace, you'd rather live in the palace. Make all the money corrupts soap box'ing you want, but I'll take the nice, clean, spacious area over a run down slum filled with roaches where my mother is doing crack and my father beats the crap out of me.

One is better than the other ... there are such things as standards ... if you're a kid in the latter situation, hanging out at Neverland is a better deal ... that's our society, this is not a tribal society of hearding buffalo and singing to the wind spirit ...

Most people aren't hippies who want to accept dirt and filth as being good enough when there's better out there ... clean vs. dirty, nice vs. run down ... there is a thing about perspective of course, but for MOST people, if given the choice, we'll take latest, greatest, best, highest quality, well kept and clean over the run down, destroyed, rusted, faded, thrown away, smelling, rotting ...

I'm not talking about morals or overall happiness, that's up to each person ... I'm talking about a quality of life ... having the ability to go places, see things, eat, have a roof over your head etc. AND the QUALITY of those things. Get it?
    Last edited by villain2; 06-14-2005 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked inc.
    the 'venue' is not the soul/system.
    Try explaining that to an 11 year old

That's all you really needed to say Villan2

I'm not talking about morals or overall happiness, that's up to each person ... I'm talking about a quality of life ... having the ability to go places, see things, eat, have a roof over your head etc. AND the QUALITY of those things. Get it?
    I guess not. So tell me, how does someone who can only afford beer live a champaign lifestyle?

Oh, yeah, chuck the morals and sell the kids to jacko. Yeah, that's good.

How about the courts throw a few of these parents into jail for allowing the jacko's to prey on their kids? I mean, you leave a kid in a closed up car, and your looking at 10 years or more. What's wrong with doing the same to parents who "sell" their kids to preverts?