A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [REVIEW] The Cart

[REVIEW] The Cart

What do you guys think of this one? and yes, I just wanted to be the first to post an image

*disclaimer* photo is free for anyone to use....I can do that, right?
    Last edited by alty29; 06-13-2005 at 10:37 PM.

I think that is excellent alty. It kind of reminds me of that shot you posted in the FOOD competition, the one with the bottle. Same perspective and water reflections featured. Do you have a really tiny tripod? or do you just like to get down?

Speaking of the photography competitions, are those going to stay in the Arena now?
    Last edited by admedia; 06-13-2005 at 10:18 PM.

I actually uploaded the wrong one, the colors were a bit messed up, uploading the new one right now....I said up way to many times in this.

I just like the perspective shots, for some reason they always work better for me.

So do you use a mini tri-pod or get down and dirty?

I also forgot to say how it reminds me of my days as a bored teen driving around large parking lots at night looking for stray shopping carts to push with my vehicle.

I just layed down. In hindsight it probably wasn't a good idea to lay down in the middle of a parking lot, in the ghetto, with a $500 camera, in what could have been a hobo's lair.

that 'laying down' perspective gives a lot of depth to the pic...with as many objects you have in there, it's very nice & interesting.

Looks pretty good to me. Two things i will comment on though. 1, im not sure if it is just the plastic being rough, but it seems like the handle on the cart is a tad out of focus. The rest is fine, but if it is not just the plastic then a larger depth of field would be good. Also i think the yellow on the seat is alittle bright. Im assuming you probably brought that out a little? I think it grabs to much attention and is hard to appreciate the rest of the shot. Other then that this is great. Glad to see your not afriad to get down and dirty, cuz this wouldn't have worked from a higher angle.
    "A piece of toast always lands butter side down, and a cat always lands of its feet. If one was to tie a piece of toast to the back of a cat butter side up, would it hover above the ground in perpetual indecision?"

thanks for the comments. the handle was just dirty/scratched, the store that the cart was from closed like 2 years ago, so the handle was a bit destroyed. the unedited version is here, http://www.flatlineblur.com/photo/cart.jpg , if you don't like the contrast.

Interesting to see the original. So what steps did you take to get from the original to the image posted?

mainly, I played with the levels and curves (image>adjustment>curves or levels) if you go into this thread you can find a tutorial on it. You can make dramatic changes to photos pretty simply, that edit maybe took 3 minutes, and it completely changed the photo.

I definilty like what you did with the background of this edit. I like the more golden tone in there. Nice work.
    "A piece of toast always lands butter side down, and a cat always lands of its feet. If one was to tie a piece of toast to the back of a cat butter side up, would it hover above the ground in perpetual indecision?"

Banned
    you are good editor

You are really becoming a pain. Don't bring up any threads that are 3 years old again. This will be your ONLY warning on this subject.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna