A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Show off! Post you VERY BEST image!

Last edited by baliebd7; 07-11-2005 at 01:02 AM.

most of the others in this thread are waaay out of my league- i'm still pretty new to photography, but here are a couple from my recent holiday which i was pleased with......

[citique very welcome!]

I think the one with the cars would look better if you took it from the front of the cars, with all the bonnets facing towards you. That's a nice photo too though

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    When you have a nice setup, like the car shot above, take the time to walk all the way around your subject. Also, change the angles that you normally shoot from (get on one knee or even lay down, I've also been known to stand on a car bumper or two to get higher). The wonderful thing about digital is if it's crap there is always the delete button.

Nice work Carly.....keep it up, let's see some more.

thank you both for the comments. i actually took quite a few of the car shots, and some are different angles (like this and this), but i couldn't spend too long on it as i had to climb over a wall to get to them and was half on the look out for some angry french guy to come out shouting at me

What kind of camera are you using Carly?
    I like the dragon fly!! The colours of it are really great, though the background colour is rather drab.
    The cars are neat!! How did you find so many of them? Those are really old aren't they? Actually guys, had she taken a frontal shot of those cars, she could not have gotten all the contrasting colours as she did. I like the angle you used Carly! Maybe a closer shot from the same angle would have been better. Oo la la! Look out for those french guys! LOL!
    The building is very nice but on this one I would have liked a close up shot of the old wood and stone. At this distance you really don't get the full effect of the wonderful textures of the wood and stone. Including a bit of greenery was a good idea though! It gave some colour to the overall brown tone of the foto.
    Palette Masters design
    Oentsjerk Netherlands
    http://www.pittypattermarket.com

YES! 2CV2 is what I was thinking of! but a bit further in front to avoid the building and the other cars at the end. The clouds and the tree line are a great too!
    Palette Masters design
    Oentsjerk Netherlands
    http://www.pittypattermarket.com

yep those cars were very old. but also very expensive!! i have a sony cybershot 5.1, it's pretty new and i am still getting to know it. it's my first digital camera too, so it's kind of all new to me, but i think i could really get into this. just wish i had more money as i think pretty soon i am going to be wishing i could afford new lenses (at least).

with regard to the building- yeah i am now regretting not getting closer- the textures would have been great

anyway, thank you for your comments, they're much appreciated

one of these two, which is funny because the first one is one of the first rolls I shot and the last one is one of the latest rolls...

love that briefcase one, great contrast.

great shots / thread guys! here are a few of my personal faves...more on my website - see sig.

Last edited by widster; 07-18-2005 at 09:04 PM.

This is one of my favorites, can't wait to try it again this fall with my new camera
    ..:: Anthony C ::..

Quote Originally Posted by big_k
    I love this! How did you fiddle the colour?
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

wow loving your photo bobalouy!

here is one i took this afternoon. i spotted the scene about a week ago but kept fogetting to take my camera with me whenever i went by there. not sure it's quite as good as i imagined it would be. feedback and suggestions would be appreciated!

What are you trying to highlight Carly? That's a lot of blank sky there. On a cloudy day with some dramatic lighting this would be a great shot. Maybe only 1/3 of the photo should be sky. Not sure, there's just not a lot there.

just IMHO...

i liked the colour. that was all really

Nothing wrong with the color.....it is nice. Just going for color...try to make it abstract. I just LOVE this image. I might try that myself.

Not saying you need this, but info ALWAYS helps.....have you checked out Jodie Coston's Free Online Photography Course yet? She really lays out some nice points, and going throught the forums can inspire some wonderful things. Plus, she kinda cute too (I know, you hate that sorta thing ).

Good luck
    Last edited by EVPohovich; 07-21-2005 at 04:42 PM.

thank you, i DO need this

will check her out (and her course).

when i say i want feedback, i mean it, so your comments and criticisms are always welcome- i apreciate it

Bobalouy: nice shot, great colours!

Carly: I like, good job. I haven't seen a sky that blue in months (we've had a crappy summer ) !