A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nervous breakdown while driving :)

nervous breakdown while driving :)

ok, I'm 25, and finally I'm learning how to drive (i learnt to drive manual when i was 18, so now automatic is easy, and it's all coming back).

The worst thing is to lose fear to drive with heavy traffic. I still get kinda nervous when a car behind me gets too close.

Today was the final test though. I had to come out of the supermarket, directly into the highway for like 1/4 of a mile, change lanes and turn left again. Two girls were guiding me, and they were so nervous it was funny (why do they overreact). The stressing moment was the moment i got into the highway, the kid on the back seat started screaming to his mom (one of the girls), the other girl started shouting to him "shut up, shut up", and they were making so much noise, that the other girl was screaming in my ear "NOW NOW, turn left, turn to the left!!!!!!". So all that combined with lots of cars going beside me made me a little nervous, and I did a bad turn (went too far to the right side). It was ok, cause i was turning really slow, but, they were all scared they seemed they were going to faint .

Then, at the gate of our house, like 10 meters before (i was already going at 5 miles per hour) i was looking for the guard, and I noticed i was in the middle of the street (as if I continued going straight, i would have go directly into a pole), and they were so scared, it was funny, at 5mph, 10 meters away, and me knowing where i was going....com'on how could i crash the car.

Also, they forced me to go 40mph the whole way, because "I don't know how to react fast enough yet". I know I still make mistakes because I'm still learning, but com'on, why do girls get so nervous. They think you are going to crash every two seconds. Infact they get like that with guys that have been driving their whole lifes. I guess that behavior is genetic

On the other side, the friend (guy) that is teaching me how to drive is always relaxed when I'm driving up to 70mph.

Anyway, I'm losing my fear bit by bit (the first time i drove here, I was shacking so hard that I couldn't even hold my cigarrette).
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

you probably drive like some grandma too

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

yeah, but that's normal, i mean, this is like the 7th time i get to drive a car ....eventually I'll get better. I mean I'm good at burn out 3 in xbox, and ridge racer in psp, and driving for real is not that different, except you don't get points for crashing, and there's no nitro :P right now, whenever i drive, i feel like i'm in Mario Kart :P
    Sponsored by your mom.

Your house has a gate and a guard?

Dude, if I ever see you driving down the road, I am either going to pass you as fast as I can or just get the hell out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by yasunobu13
    Your house has a gate and a guard?
    not the house, the condo or whatever you call it. You know, you pass the gate, and there's a bunch of houses in there, but you can come in only if you live there (sorry, don't know how I could explain it in english, but I think you get it)

Dude, if I ever see you driving down the road, I am either going to pass you as fast as I can or just get the hell out of the way.
    wait till i buy myself a monster truck
    Sponsored by your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by argonauta
    don't know how I could explain it in english
    We call it a gated community in Florida.

Don't let the women get to you, they're just immature and stupid. It's not your fault that they're dumb. I hate driving with women. I've never been in an accident or even gotten a ticket, and every time i have a woman in the passenger's seat, it's the worst driving experience ever. I can drive 85 miles an hour going around a 40MPH curve, and be fine by myself. But the minute i take a corner a 'bit too fast', i've got an earfull of crap from the woman.
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 06-16-2005 at 11:29 PM. Reason: punctuation

willy the trick is to go so fast, the dont open there mouths because they are so scared you shoulda seen me driving to a club one night, 120mph the entire way in traffic... it was amazing my ability to make passes at night time, ever tiem i would pass 8 cars weaving through traffic i would hear in a whisper form teh back of the car.. "holy $h!t"
    turned a hour long drive into 15 minutes.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Am I the only one that caught this:

"the first time i drove here, I was shacking so hard that I couldn't even hold my cigarrette."

That's a classic mispelling right there.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

in a driving course in high school, the girl in my group didn't know how to column shift. She just pulled down with all her might. Was pretty funny.

Last edited by Naked inc.; 06-20-2005 at 09:37 PM.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by admedia
    We call it a gated community in Florida.
    The interesting thing to note is that in Florida these are the exception.

In Brazil at least, they are the rule, especially once you get out of the city.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Quote Originally Posted by hurricaneone
    The interesting thing to note is that in Florida these are the exception.
    You must not have visited here in a while.

eeew. Florida. The melting pot of America...

Old people smell funny.

I went to one of those little communities in South Carolina with some friends to visit their great aunt or something like that. That place was so strange had like little bunny rabbits running around and all these strange animals lurking around...
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 06-17-2005 at 11:10 AM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    eeew. Florida.
    Let's save this discussion for January

games + driving in reality = bad
    Artificial Memories v0.9.2b
    "Preserving life's precious moments and making new ones"
    © 2009 MemoryCorp - A Walmart company

It was really weird driving around Miami after a long session of GTA Vice City, I kept pulling into open gates looking for the Flame Thrower.

haha!

I would take vermont weather(even the cold) over anything florida has to offer weather wise.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Man, this sounds so familiar - I learned to drive at 16, got about 3-4 runs in before my mother totaled our car.

Didn't drive again till I was about 21.

Nervous as all get-out, panicking at all sorts of things. Yet never got into an accident or anything. Yet whenever I drive with the gf, she holds onto the arm rest with a death grip like I'm steering into an oncoming tractor trailer.

I've gotten quite comfortable driving now (although she has never warmed up to my style) so just keep plugging away.

funny story my old roommate once told me about a guy he knew in high school - oh wait, g rated, I can't tell that story. Well, how about this one:

He was driving with his gf, who was giving him real-time directions to get to her house. As they drove along a local road, she tells him that he needs to make a left at the next light. He tells her okay and continues to drive on.

When he sees the approaching street light, he turns on his left turn signal. She again tells him he will need to turn left. Again, he says okay and continues toward the light.

As he pulls to a stop at the light, left turn signal blinking, she suddenly goes into hysterics yelling "Take a left! A LEFT!!" He yells back that he is taking a left.

She pauses for a second, and then says in a sheepish voice "Oh. I meant right."
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.