A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a new car!

Buying a new car!

hey guys,

I'm gonna buy a new car soon, well actually, my dad is going to buy it for me .

Anyways, anything around $30 grands will do he said. I don't know what I should get? I was looking into either the Mazda RX-8(http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/hand...modelYear=2005) or the all-new 2005 Ford Mustang(http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mus...%2EFord%2Ecom).

Any suggestions? i don't really know much about cars, but i'm going to search around.

And oh, it has to be new with stick shift and it must seat at least 4 people (including the driver).

You've got $30,000 and you want to buy a Mazda or Ford?

Audi A3 or A4. Both are gorgeous.

http://www.audiusa.com/

A4 2.0 Turbo - $28,070

I agree with sheepy, go with the audi, they are luxury cars. You could probably push him a bit past 30 and get it with alot of nice options. Way less cliche then the 2 you said, you will end up looking cooler, and having a nicer car

You can get an A4, 2.0 Turbo, 6-speed manual, quattro for $29,450.

For $1000 more, you can have a Bose sound system with satellite radio. Alloy wheels as standard, but you can get cooler ones with a sports suspension for $750 more.

Buy it
    Last edited by asheep_uk; 06-19-2005 at 02:13 PM.

I declaire this thread BS! Go buy something you've seen on the O.C. instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com

oh whiiiine my daddy is giving me $30,000 for a car...what ever shall i buy
    </jealous>

Get the Audi they are amazing cars. Mustangs an Mazdas are lame!
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Lucky.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

[QUOTE=WannaBe_80z]oh whiiiine my daddy is giving me $30,000 for a car...QUOTE]

Well....he's not "giving" me the $30,000. I basically earned it. Well, i think i earned like half of it probably, and the other half he's just giving to me b/c i'm his only son and loves me very much.

We own a family restaurant business, I work there like full time, i've been working there for like 5/6 years. I go to college. I work and study hard. I'm good son, so i guess after all he's not really "giving" me the money.

And another thing (no offense), but i'm an Indian. you see, things work a lot differently from where i come from. There is a totally different (stronger) relationship between families in my country. It works totally differently.

Anyways, i'm a bit confused. Why do you guys like Audi's so much and hate mustangs/mazdas? I mean, first of all, (in my opinion), the mustang and the mazda RX-8 looks way way better than any of the Audis do. The mustangs/mazdas look a lot more "sportier" than the Audi. And aren't both a mustang (300HP) and Mazda RX-8 (235HP) more powerful than a Audi A4 (200HP)?

So why go with an Audi when it's both weak in looks and performance than the mustang and the mazda?

Oh, one last things, what's O.C.?

The A4 3.0 Cabriolet is 220 HP, but that's not my point.

If I had 30k (or so) to spend on a car, and I wanted performance and looks?

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...IP&tab=2&sub=0

The 2005 Pontiac GTO. It's 32k, optional 6-speed tranny, leather interior, cd, power everything, all that good stuff.

But here's the kicker; it's powered by a big-mofuggin 6.0L 400 HP V8. That car will blow your Mazda or Mustang out of the water.

For performance, it's your best bet.

Last edited by Naked inc.; 06-20-2005 at 09:48 PM.

Or, how about a Nissan 350Z? They're around 25-30k, and although doesn't pack the engine the GTO has, it still looks awesome.

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...IP&tab=2&sub=0

Quote Originally Posted by baliebd7
    Anyways, i'm a bit confused. Why do you guys like Audi's so much and hate mustangs/mazdas? I mean, first of all, (in my opinion), the mustang and the mazda RX-8 looks way way better than any of the Audis do. The mustangs/mazdas look a lot more "sportier" than the Audi. And aren't both a mustang (300HP) and Mazda RX-8 (235HP) more powerful than a Audi A4 (200HP)?
    The Mazda and the Ford are both butt-ugly in my opinion. The amount of power that the A4 can pull for its size is outstanding - it's a large four-door luxury saloon, not a sports car. They all do way-over the speed limit and their 0-60 is only about by about a second. You really are not going to notice it on a day-to-day basis.

The Ford is a bit boring really, no imagination required to buy one of those; big cliché. New model? Looks exactly the oldone. The Mazda just lacks any real design or beauty.

I admit I'm slightly biased. Every review I've seen of an American car has been very critical of built quality. I've been in a Mercedes-Benz M-Class, the only Merc to be made in the USA and frankly it's just pants. The dashboard was moving when we went round corners. Now if you buy a Mazda, you get good Japanese build quality. You also get boring Japanese design.

So if you're after the more sporty two-door car, then an Alfa Romeo is the way to go. Beautiful cars those. For some reason though, they're not sold in the USA.

So, two-door, fast, four-seater, sporty car?

Nothing but the best then:

VW Golf GTI.
    http://www.vw.com/gti/index.html

You'll probably complain that it only has 200HP, but like I mentioned, you really are not going to notice it.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    the rx-8 has some problems. IT guzzles gas like no-ones business(you MIGHT get 15mpg) and you have to stay on top of the oil level. The rotary engine burns oil. That being said it is still a nice fun car.

THe mustang, v8 of course, is a really good car. I personally don't like the way it looks, but there really is nothing wrong with it. And with a little aftermarket massaging it is one hell of a performer.

You might also want to look at the infiniti g35, Pontiac GTO, BMW 3 series. If you consider used cars you might even be able to swing yourself into a Porsche Boxter.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Busy doing nothing Boris the Frog's Avatar
    why the obsession with big cars that guzzle fuel thay are such an outdated status symbol. Go small, go green - it will save you sooo much money in the long term.
    If you are going to sniff at that and say that a car is about more than getting from A to B, you need to do a reality check. Save the fast sports cars for computer games.
    There are much better things to spend $30 grand on, and if you know your dad loves you, why do you need to prove to the world that you have a good relationship with a car?

imagination through stupidity
    The new 3 series http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/2006325isedan starting at $30,300.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris the Frog
    If you are going to sniff at that and say that a car is about more than getting from A to B, you need to do a reality check. Save the fast sports cars for computer games.
    You could probably do a lot for the environment by saving surfing, skating, tennis, football, and all kinds of other sports for computer games as well. I mean if you really want to carry this thought all the way, think about all the luxury items that waste natural resources.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris the Frog
    There are much better things to spend $30 grand on, and if you know your dad loves you, why do you need to prove to the world that you have a good relationship with a car?
    Go back to sleep, hippy.

It's what Dads do. My Dad bought me a car and when the time comes, I will buy my son a car.

The new Audi grille is hideous. 'Nuff said.

Why does no one like the new 'Stang? - I think it's much cooler than the recent versions.

I guess you could try the Golf, though they ain't as great as they used to be. A bit girly, frankly. I'd go 3 Series or maybe low-end Lexus, the new IS200. (is that around the US$30K mark? I couldn't be buggered to do a search).

Who's paying the insurance on this thang, anyway?
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Busy doing nothing Boris the Frog's Avatar
    hippy? I think you're showing your age hurricane.
    My dad bought me a motorbike and I paid him the money back over a short period of time. I paid my own insurance as well. I also paid for my own wedding, and eventually bought my own house.
    I've never wanted to make my parents pay for stuff that I should be buying for myself and I think its arrogant to expect them to do so.