A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flooded Calgary

Flooded Calgary

Took a couple pictures of Bowness Park in Calgary today. We have our first ever state of emergeny due to our cities two rivers rising like crazy due to this months rain.

"A piece of toast always lands butter side down, and a cat always lands of its feet. If one was to tie a piece of toast to the back of a cat butter side up, would it hover above the ground in perpetual indecision?"

WOW! That is a LOT OF WATER............ ! I hope your home is on higher ground!
    Palette Masters design
    Oentsjerk Netherlands
    http://www.pittypattermarket.com

For sure, i live on a big hill. No water in my basement. Other people arn't as lucky though.
    "A piece of toast always lands butter side down, and a cat always lands of its feet. If one was to tie a piece of toast to the back of a cat butter side up, would it hover above the ground in perpetual indecision?"

cool, someone else from calgary.....good pics of some of the flooding. My parents in bragg creek got hit with a foot of water in their basement, wish I had my camera (especially on our first day of sun on sunday) for some pics of how flooded their neighbourhood was. And the raging (normally tame) elbow river was amazing out there!

I love the middle picture. The shadows and the reflections look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Planet
    I love the middle picture. The shadows and the reflections look nice.
    The middle is my favourite aswell.