A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruise Punk'd

Cruise Punk'd

Cruise, 42, was on a red-carpet walkabout prior to the screening of the latest adaptation of the H G Wells classic in London's Leicester Square on Sunday when a bogus journalist stuck a joke microphone in front of him.

As Cruise started to talk, he was squirted with water from the microphone prompting the star to lose his cool.

"I'm here giving you an interview, answering your questions and you do something really nasty...you're a jerk...jerk...you're a jerk," the actor told the prankster in front of legitimate reporters.
    From

I thought it was kinda funny..
    video online yet?

If anybody stuck a long cylindrical object in my face and made it squirt I would probably yank him aside and smack him around a bit.
    Freebies:
    Sound Loops | Sound Effects | Images | Code Pigs | 6ood coff33

The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments.

Yah, what a jackass, not funny imho, "look you got wet, ha ha ha, aren't we the funniest morons in history," at least do something creative.

Video's on BBC news site.

After seeing the video it isn't very funny.

I thought Cruise handled it quite well actually.

Yeah its not funny at all... He handled it well and I hope they get arrested and CH4 stops the show

I just saw the video on CNN. The guy at least could have explained what happened "Sorry, it was a joke for a TV show, etc.", but he just stood there in silence

Yea, Cruise did a good job of making the guy look like an idiot actually.

You can't see this on the BBC video (CNN video, however, you can), but I watched this on the news, and after the BBC video cuts out, Cruise gives him a few more "You're a jerk"s, and the guy finally turned to walk away (I guess he was later arrested) and looked like he wanted to cry. Bet he felt stupid.

h
    Last edited by hockyfan; 06-20-2005 at 06:59 PM.
    On That Note Forums - 1200 members and counting...
    "...our focus remains on the music."

<! FlaSHy -->
    Cruise made the guy look like such a fool. He handled it well, he didn't get too angry just in a polite but still firm way made the guy feel bad and look like such an ass.

Sharon Osbourne had the same thing happen to her and her response wasn't as intelligent has his.

for some reason it reminds me of that part in anchorman after ron burgundy curses on the air and the guy is like "why did you have to go and do that? poop mouth, your a poop mouth ron burgundy, a big poop."

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Link anyone??

I'm waisitng valuable work time here searching for the link, when I can waste it playing games

At least dennis pennis put some thought into it when he did it and gave them a chance to verbally duel rather than just humiliating them for the sake of it and then skulking off like a scolded child.

I'm sorry, I didn't think you would take it like that , it was a joke
    What a prat
    Last edited by swampy; 06-21-2005 at 05:08 AM.

Señor member
    I think Tom Cruise should get over himself a bit and lighten up. He's just a publicity machine intent on massaging his own ego and thinks he's too big [sic] to have a practical joke played on him.
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

I think he dealt with it in the best possible way he could have. Far better than flying off the handle or going off on some celebrity rant. He just calmly asked why he did it and if he thought it was funny.

Persoanlly I'd have kicked 7 types of crap out of any stranger that squirted a mystery liquid in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by swampy
    Persoanlly I'd have kicked 7 types of crap out of any stranger that squirted a mystery liquid in my face.
    Yup! I'd have lost it and probably be in the slammer for assault if that was me...

dont you think this says something about the security at these places?

i was thinking the same. what if instead of water they had put some acid there. Bye bye tom cruise's carrier
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

"I'm here giving you an interview, answering your questions and you do something really nasty...you're a jerk...jerk...you're a jerk," the actor told the prankster in front of legitimate reporters.

is that the meanest thing he could think of to say? ha. he wouldve been better off calling him a "silly poot-head".
    Last edited by J-Luv; 06-21-2005 at 02:51 PM.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by J-Luv

is that the meanest thing he could think of to say? ha. he wouldve been better off calling him a "silly poot-head".
    There were children there... and lots of press cameras... if he'd have had an outburst of four letter words it wouldn't have been good.

I'm sure behind closed doors he freaked out!

Quote Originally Posted by jamble
    I think Tom Cruise should get over himself a bit and lighten up. He's just a publicity machine intent on massaging his own ego and thinks he's too big [sic] to have a practical joke played on him.
    practical jokes are usually performed by people you know. you would be ok with a stranger just squirting you in the face like that?

i think he handled it a lot better than i would. i hope he does sue the station. and i'm no scientommy cruise fan!