A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: NEED HELP with drawing tools...

I was wondering if someone can give an answer on how to get my drawing tools to work...When I draw a square or circle or even a text box, I can't see it until after I let go of the mouse button. All I see is a crosshair with a circle in it.. I never know how it will turn out until I let go.. This very frustrating.. I have reinstalled 3 times, the same program works on 2 other computers fine. I have no other problems like this in programs like Photoshop.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

what if..

take off the 'snap to grid' option that should do away with the small circle in the crosshair - just a thought

t

Hey thanks for the tip.. I think you meant snap to objects...that got rid of the cross hair and circle, but still can't see what I am drawing...any other ideas??

don't take this the wrong way

The only thing that i can think of is maybe the lines that you are drawing are the same color of the background. Other than that, the wheels are turning..............

Nope, thought of that myself...but no luck...I don't know what to do...try to imagine drawing without not knowing what it will look like.. very frustrating....

could this have something to do with ur monitor settings? try out different settings if u haven't already. i'm probably wrong but worth a try i think....?

I will try this, but wouldn't it effect Adobe Photoshop too?? Photoshop works fine.... thanks for the tip....