A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Site Check

Site Check

Hello again,
    I am almost finished and would like some feedback
    www.drywallparts.com
    Last edited by Tanker300; 06-23-2005 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Forgot to add site

honestly i think there's too much going on...i'm not sure what to look at first since there's many different focal points. i'd try to go through all of the content and see what's really important...and what has to be on every page. maybe some stuff can be moved to a separate page and only viewed when necessary. the shopping cart is really nice and smooth, as is the arrow by the menu. the only thing with the arrow though is that it doesn't indicate what part of the site is currently up. you could have the arrow move to whatever button you're mouse is over (like it does now), but if you roll off of it without clicking on it, maybe it could move back to the current section. just a thought.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

Well I do like things going on, but the most important is customers who purchase.
    What is the best focal point to you first to last

well to go somewhat in reverse, i think the box with all the links in it...to the flash player, IE, paypal, etc. should be taken off. the addresss is important, but i think you could have an html splash page with some of those links instead of having them on the site all the time. they take up precious space and cramp the main content area of the site. plus i think with so many in there, it comes off as less professional. the flash player link doesn't make sense...if they're seeing the site at that point they obviously already have the flash player installed. i really like the featured products section. i think that could be focused on initially, and move the background info to the about section. you could also tuck the menu in under the logo on the left, which would make it a little more standard which would help people navigate. everything else loads in nicely and is easy to navigate. i just think a little less clutter would make a better first impression.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com