A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Critique unto Others.....

Critique unto Others.....

I noticed in looking through our new Photography forum here, that there are lots of great photography being posted but not much in the way of critiques. So this is a gentle reminder! We are all here to learn.... that is what the forums are for, not just for showing. So please remember, in order for everyone to benefit, you should be commenting and critiquing for others as much as you expect to get for yourself. you've got to give to get!

Ms Pamela
    Palette Masters design
    Oentsjerk Netherlands
    http://www.pittypattermarket.com

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    I SECOND!!! Let's hear it. You all made this wonderful forum happen, so participate.....let's hear your comments.

E says: "Bring it!"

i think that is a great idea. i've had a hard time doing it, as i provide critique and feedback as part of my real job, and the 'kit is kind of an escape. but, i did just post a little for E! in the DOORS thread, so that's a start. not only should we give feedback, we should solicit it as well. i know i have a lot to learn!

but to be honest, i think you both should lead by example. there have been three formal [REVIEW] threads, but neither of you have given any feedback other than 'great photos' or 'you should buy one of these camera bags' <--- paraphrased. you wag the dog as moderators, so get wagging!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg

but to be honest, i think you both should lead by example. there have been three formal [REVIEW] threads, but neither of you have given any feedback other than 'great photos' or 'you should buy one of these camera bags' <--- paraphrased. you wag the dog as moderators, so get wagging!

Ok.
    Palette Masters design
    Oentsjerk Netherlands
    http://www.pittypattermarket.com

The level of critiques offered by the moderators in this forum, as well as the examples of work should be the leadership and hopefully lead the quality of image/ability in this forum; should be very much like the rest of the site. But to compare it equally, this forum should be much more like the Arena.

It's a place to showcase your photography with your peers. The moderators, in my opinion, the ones chosen for this area, are quite qualified to give personal/professional critiques. Ms. Pamela, from my understanding, has actually taught photography in the past, and shows avid interest into the field and has awesome photos each and every time she posts. EVP, I just won't lie... as "new" as he claims to be to photography, I personally think he just has that "something" that just comes through as raw talent and ability. And with that said, sometimes critiques are taken too well - again, refer to the Arena. So the criticisms from the members and moderators, while they still should be given, if there is a certain inability to appreciate the time it takes to ingest the critique from whomever is giving it, then stepping back is sometimes the only course.

But as I've been lurking this forum since it's inception; it seems as if the rest of you guys have been really helping each other. But it could be more "regular"... but this is a "baby" forum.

And with that said. I hope that the critiques from the moderators set the pace and tone. I can only hope that the Photography Forum grows in that area. And I hope that the inevitable backlash from the people receiving the critiques will remain a minimum.

Now, if you wanna donate a good camera and some lessons to my non-photographic tail... I'm game.

Just my two cents.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]