A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: buttons, buttons, and more buttons...oh and movie clips too

buttons, buttons, and more buttons...oh and movie clips too

MY QUESTION IS AT THE END and UNTIL THEN IS A BACKGROUND... PLEASE HELP!

moving along...
    Ive now made several .fla files for my hour long movie. each .fla file ranges from 2-20mb. not too shabby... Ive done the load movie thing and it ran fine... i havent put any sound yet.. but i'll ask about that question later...

okay.. so the whole thing has about 30 slides... i have 5 .fla files which has 3-5 movie clips in each... each movie clip has about 1-3 slides.

everything is fine so far... (no audio, but im not there yet)

Since i dont have sound cutting software currently... i thought id make movie controls for this video....

originally i put the controls in the original timeline.. not the movie clips.. but my pause didnt work and my play acted like a fast forward... my fast forward would go to the next movie clip(which i anticipated)... but I wanted the fast forward to jump every 12frames..

so here comes the problem....

i copy pasted the buttons in the same exact place in every movie clip.... so it should ,in theory,work like it was on one timeline.. but it wont export.. the file is still the same size.. (insignificantly larger ,less than a mb)..

my question is:

does having buttons on every movie clip ( which frames length range from 400-2000, avg.1000) have a problem with flash...??????????not allowing me to export.. or maybe it's just having so many errors it wont run... in fact... when i close it down (because it wont let me cancel..) it wont let me re open the .fla again.. unless i restart the computer

It won't work at all if you went over 16,000 total frames per fla. Nothing else should have cause a problem.

who do u make and a push and realese play movie buttonand can someone give me the right action script

The movie clip has to have an instance name, like mov1, then the code is;

on(release){
    _root.mvo1.play();
    }