A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PNG SEQUENCE + MOTION TWEEN...please help i must be missing something

PNG SEQUENCE + MOTION TWEEN...please help i must be missing something

hi guys!
    flash noob here... i basically do 3d but now i have to learn flash for a project

ok i use a .png sequence for a sprite (primarily because it has the alpha channel) i will use in flash... its a walking animation of several frames. i make an empty symbol, load the frames into it. i put the symbol in the canvas. it animates fine and the alpha channel is working.

now i try to make a motion tween of the symbol instance, so as to simulate the walking movement, from one point to another. i playback [ENTER] its working fine, just as i want it. now if i do the [ctrl+ENTER] preview or export, the motion tween is working, the sprite is moving from point a to point b BUT the walk animation is NOT WORKING. its just showing the first frame in the image sequence!

am i missing out something to make the image sequence animation work like it should? i tried to do the exact same thing to a movie clip (MOV) it works... but with the png image sequence im really puzzled.

thx in advance

damn im so noob. found the answer to my own problem lol thx anyway guys.

Levin please let me know how you fixed this - I'm having the same issue I believe, I can't get the tween to work on the stage - my tween is within a movie object and can't get the png sequence images to animate the tweens. Please email me paulogorman.mail@gmail.com

Can you post the FLA file?

( this thread is 6 years old, you really think he's going to reply? )
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS