A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need partners for a game

Need partners for a game. Idea revealed!

Hi everybody

Haven't been here for a while now, but a game idea i got at work today brougth me back

So I would like to form some kind of game dev group to create the game I'm thinking of. Can't reveal much information other than it will initially be a sidescroller, f8 based, with ideas never used before. Actually, I think the ideas are genious... and if i can pull this off, i seriosly think it'll be a killer game!

I dont want to have many aboard, just a few good ones. The more chefs, the more mess. I could make the game myself, but it would take forever, and im not that good at g/sfx. Am neither a genious at programming, but many programmers working together seems to be problematic, so i'll only need 1 or top 2 more.

And at least one or two in these categories:
    Sound/music
    Graphics
    Uhm.. cant think of any more categories, but i'm sure there are (to tired rite' now)

I require previous work be shown. I'm not looking for beginners who still have a lot to learn, but you dont have to be a guru to participate=)

I work. At a real place. Sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much. So when i work a lot, i may not get my things done fast. I dont accept that you dont do your work or that you're very slow, but i can understand certain situations.

So if youre interested, post your application here=)

And for my showcase of work; all my previous work is on my old pc. I'll get it out of there soon, but I know that some of you have seen much of it. If you have seen it, please post about it here, so people get an impression of what i am capable of=) And by the way, i won the 48h compo we had here some time back, as well as some other categories. (Cant remember them now )
    Last edited by T1ger; 07-20-2005 at 03:12 PM.
    I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks.

Hey, t1ger, I am actually working with the other group posted on the forums, but I am interested in what you had in mind. What is it? Or are you not allowed to give details? But if its good I might think about it.

http://68.7.22.20:8080/UltimateBall/jorgeThisOne.html

I don't allow myself to give out details A hint: sound will be a criticat element in the game.. Well, if not critical, important. Not really a hint either but.. hehe..

The idea isnt fully completed yet. I think the things i have in mind is really cool.. But sorry cant tell you:/
    I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks.

So the only way I can get in on your "big idea" is too join forces? hmm...

No you can wait until it's released

But I might tell a few more details to the ones who are interested though.. if I find them interesting first that is

i might help maby... fun only ... if i get bored i just go
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    I would lend a hand with the gfx, but i kinda have my hands full at the moment. Trying to make some cash, plus i am involved a bit in this other collab. If you are desperate though, give me a p.m and ill see if i can help out a bit.

Ali

Last edited by T1ger; 07-20-2005 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Tried to delete the post. Pressed submit in the middle of my typing.

Quote Originally Posted by alillm
    I would lend a hand with the gfx, but i kinda have my hands full at the moment. Trying to make some cash, plus i am involved a bit in this other collab. If you are desperate though, give me a p.m and ill see if i can help out a bit.

Ali
    Sounds good Lets me see how things work out.

Quote Originally Posted by adi4x
    i might help maby... fun only ... if i get bored i just go
    Good, good=)

I know this project doesnt sound very interesting, so I have decided to release the whole idea

Haven't sorted things out completely yet, but here's what i have so far:

Think weather control. The player can in some way control the weather. Dance a dance, and it starts raining. It get slippery, you cant stop as fast as normal, and neither can enemies. Dance again, and it may start to thunder. The lightning may hit enemies and toast them. Dance again, and the sun comes out. The heat may do different things. You may need to cool down with something to drik, or maybe a swim would do the trick. You need some kind of pickup to change the weather, haven't really thought that through yet. Maybe you can bring forward just one lightning bolt too, to kill a enemy.

At first, you can only dance to get rain. Then you need different amulettes to get other weather types as thunder and lightning, snow, tornadoes, strong wind, heavy rain, heavy snow, and so on.. maybe you could buy these amulettes in stores you find around the levels, along with other stuff, such as boots, to prevent slippery pavement/ground, umbrella, to prevent i-dont-know-yet:P, different kind of weapons (miner's pick, umbrella?, screwdriver, monkey wrench, ++) potions (to change the weather?), and other stuff.

Maybe you just need to learn a new dance to change the weather? maybe you would have to dance it your self! Like up,up,down,left or something (have to read about raindancing to make it look/feel real

As you can see, i dont have the idea fully sorted out, but I think the whole weather-control thing is really cool! I dont even know the setting... Maybe a little indian boy or something? in the forest? The possibilities are huge!

So what do you guys think? Let me hear your ideas about it, in every aspect of it, like setting, time period, who can the player be, the enemies, the bosses, the story, weapons, items, how you control the weather, what you need to control the weather and so on.

One day I will rule the world.
    Sounds like it should turn out great! I would join but my plate is full already, and I usually like to see at least half of the engine before joining in.

Quote Originally Posted by aqndog
    Sounds like it should turn out great! I would join but my plate is full already, and I usually like to see at least half of the engine before joining in.
    Thanks=) Im working on the engine, so i'll show it here soon i think.

What happened to thehumanchimp?

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    Not sure, he has been around, but not as much. Good times back then eh .

Well the idea sounds awsome, maybie you have a bit more of my attention now but like i say, im pritty busy. Maybie for the dances you can have different key combinations that move up the screen and you have to hit them at the right time to pull off the dance (like in dance games). Weather upgrades sound cool, like..

clouds - rain - flood - storm

wind - strong wind - gale - strong gale

cloud/sun - sun - strong sun - burning sun

snow - heavy snow - blizzard - snow storm.

Could be quite cool to have loads of different effects from each thing, and having to find ways to avoid the effects yourself. If i cant help out with the graphics, i will be happy to share ideas and support good luck with it.

Ali

Hey T1ger, your game sounds interesting, looks like a nice idea, but what type of game is it gonna be? rpg?
    I'm also working on the other project so I won't have much time either and I'm having some game ideas I'll be working on too, but maybe I could help, please tell me if you'd like me to.

P.S. The toaster of the 48hr comp doesn't work yet lol
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

Quote Originally Posted by PhobiK
    Hey T1ger, your game sounds interesting, looks like a nice idea, but what type of game is it gonna be? rpg?
    I'm also working on the other project so I won't have much time either and I'm having some game ideas I'll be working on too, but maybe I could help, please tell me if you'd like me to.

P.S. The toaster of the 48hr comp doesn't work yet lol
    Damn I hoped nobody remembered it:P But it'll be too much work.. need to rewrite big parts of the engine, and I dont think I have time for that.. so sorry guys:/

Thanks! Some kind of sidescroller-rpg is what I have in mind, but other suggestions are welcome

How are you with pixelgraphics? I think that's the way I want to go.. But I need help finding out what exactly this game is going to be too, like whos the hero, enemies, bosses, names, settings, different levels, storyline, etc etc.. So if you, or anybody else, has an idea, please come with it

Quote Originally Posted by alillm
    Not sure, he has been around, but not as much. Good times back then eh .

Well the idea sounds awsome, maybie you have a bit more of my attention now but like i say, im pritty busy. Maybie for the dances you can have different key combinations that move up the screen and you have to hit them at the right time to pull off the dance (like in dance games). Weather upgrades sound cool, like..

clouds - rain - flood - storm

wind - strong wind - gale - strong gale

cloud/sun - sun - strong sun - burning sun

snow - heavy snow - blizzard - snow storm.

Could be quite cool to have loads of different effects from each thing, and having to find ways to avoid the effects yourself. If i cant help out with the graphics, i will be happy to share ideas and support good luck with it.

Ali
    Yes it was indeed

you forgot one, the tornado:P Could be the latest upgrade Maybe there could be like 4 amulettes, one for each weather type: rain, wind, sun, snow. And then you have to learn the different types of each weather somehow..

Yes for example to avoid slipping when it rains, you could buy some spiky shoes, and to avoid being taken away by the heavy wind, you would need heavy led shoes. Maybe you would need a hat to avoid getting all warm and sweaty, or an umbrella if its burning sun.. shoes formed like tennis rackets (can't remember the name:P) would keep you atop of the snow:P

Please come up with more ideas like this

AquaCorpse saves the day again
    this sounds like an awesome project. I am no programer by any means but i am talented in the art department. I don't think it's be realistic to do the dance moves your self. because if theres an enemy weak to say water. and you have to do the whole dance he could attack while your doing the dance. so maybe you have just one enegy meter along with health. and if it's too cold it goes down and you need a heavey jacket to slow down the process. it'll be green at high health yellow at mid and red a low and you need to have a certain amount of energy to do the dance. same with heat you need a glass of water or a quick dip. and whatever else
    i'd def like to work on this. like i said i am very good at art. and cartooning. i also have a vivid imagination and could come up with alot of my own ideas and carry my own weight. if you interested PM and i'll show you some of the stuff i can do. maybe some concept art.
    Last edited by aquaCorpse; 07-22-2005 at 12:49 AM.
    aqua corpse he's a really cool guy...

my x booty it is that BIG
    indian tribes fighting each other for the right to the land one main hero from the village has to travel around the and gain enough power/find all the amulets/skills to be able to able to face the big boss from the other village in the process he fights the other fighters from all the other villages as you beat them you earn their land.
    just a suggestion for the story line...i would help with the art work side of it but i am full working on my game and a collab game. but anyways u looking for a pixel artist and i hate pixel art lol lol lol
    Project||[GAME]-on hold for now
    ------------------
    [Hero]-80%
    [Enemies]-1%
    [Weapons]-90%
    [Items]-0%
    [Levels]-10%

im' dancing im' dancing but nothing happens
    - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mixedtrigeno
    indian tribes fighting each other for the right to the land one main hero from the village has to travel around the and gain enough power/find all the amulets/skills to be able to able to face the big boss from the other village in the process he fights the other fighters from all the other villages as you beat them you earn their land.
    just a suggestion for the story line...i would help with the art work side of it but i am full working on my game and a collab game. but anyways u looking for a pixel artist and i hate pixel art lol lol lol
    Sounds like megaman .

The good 'ole special powerup per boss, a classic!

Sounds interesting!