A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PHP Load Video

PHP Load Video

Does anyone have any tips on getting the flash media playback component to play an flv that has its url stored in a mysql database field. I've tried but haven't had much luck.

Basically what I have is this.

My testing database has 3 fields, the uniqueID, the record name, and the URL to the flv.

I made a page of recordsets from my testing database in dreamweaver. Clicking on a recordset goes to its detail page. The detail page has a .swf of the media playback component. In the component inspector I just figured that I could put in the for the URL the php code for the URL to the flv. So in the component inspector for the media playback component, the URL box has: but this is not working.

What am I doing wrong?

Did you ever get a response to this question? Have you figured it out? I am curious because I am trying to come up with a script to load a video but without playing it automatically into a page that does not accept scripting. I can use the embed function on their page but it automatically plays the video, I do not want the video to play unless they click on play. I used the autoplay=false and '0' but it still plays the video. I figure a php script on my domain can load the video into the other website without entering all the parameters into the other page just the php load file.

Hi,

what exactly are you trying to load into that page: a swf file consisting of your own player and a movie, a swf file with a player that receives the movie address through the embedding, or something else?
    Also, what do you mean by "does not accept scripting": your swf interacting via ExternalInterface, ...?

Musicman