A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why aren't people buying anything on the site what should I do?

Why aren't people buying anything on the site what should I do?

I'm trying to get people to shop on the site what is missing? what do I need to do to make the site better?

Click here to view site

Gmail is here
    maybe they do not want the dvd´s?
    Ryan

Go create something, anything. Cnic's Avatar
    What is your current amount of traffic on this site? The site seems to work well, and is definately visually appealling.

Also, have you gotten any emails about problems with the shopping cart, or problems getting product after ordering? I assume that you havent.

good luck!

you have to get your site and your product out there before anybody will even know that your site exiest, much less buy from it.
    chris davis

Well how do you get your site out there? —on average 20 to 30 people visit the site a day. No problems yet! Maybe i should put all that secure payment logo/info stuff on the site—I just feel it's so— (sold out looking)

in my opinion u should show the products to the people first ,then show the web site,
    the site it`s pretty nice.

You should try chaning the menu items from Products to Buy or Shop or something like that.

Thanks for you all your great suggestions– I'm working on some of the changes now.

iron will

Marketing-Preview-IP Address

Surf Culture is all marketing. Then you have to worry about the audience remembering the address. I would make it one word that redirects someone to this site.

a few simple words, promote, advertise, gimicks to get people to visit, hang around the beach with a few drop dead georgeous girls and hand out flyers with a first time buyer discount, pay the girls if you have to.

Promote in any way shape or form.

Badboy...

Mondays Fan
    The site's fine (appart from the bash typeface IMHO). I think you need to concentrate on getting the site out to your specific niche market. Careful marketing should get you results.

What I noticed:

All I did was browse the T-Shirts a bit, probably an important product to you since it is the first link after main.

I think the photos are no good and here is why. While it may be a good idea to show the whole shirt on a body, I couldn't make out the graphics on most of the shirts. If I am going to buy one of your shirts I am going to want to see that graphic up close and personal. Maybe display them folded like this so I can see the graphic. I just think those pics don't do your product justice. I would prefer the product shots without the model or a full shot of the model in addition to a product detail like the link I posted.

I really like the idea of allowing the visitor to provide photos though. That is a very cool idea.

Edit: Actually those shots are very usable. I would just take the original higher res (assuming you have those of course) and crop the chest area or other graphic area(s) and blow those up.

Edit 2: Your site could probably use some search engine optimization as well.

Just my 2cents.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by admedia; 08-06-2005 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Thought of something

I think the header looks a little too similiar to:

ecko unlimited

Too few of your product. Being a surfer also. I notice that your product may not be standing out among the other advertisers of "SURFER" magazine. Don't get me wrong I like the look of your site. But if you were to crack open a SURFER magazine all the ads look a like. Maybe try setting yourself apart a bit.

If you are focusing on the Mavricks and other big wave places, I would make it look that way. I don't know about you but I look at surfers who dedicate their lives to these big waves different that the guys who surf places like Blacks, Tressels or Longboarders from Malibu. They are a breed of their own and maybe the need a look of their own. Just my suggestions. sorry for the spelling I'm too lazy to go back.

The background makes this site hard to look at because of the 3 colours you have used. Stick to one colour I think because its very odd looking on 1024x768. You start off with a fixed size then you just go off length wise? You need to start the site a similar size because you click on clothing the page suddenly extends and it seems poor.

The biggest problem with T-shirt sites is the pictures, without doubt it makes the biggest difference to whether or not someone will purchase. Make the close up pictures macro close so you can actually SEE the image probably. Your zooms are not close enough. Also when I click change colour the page moves right up and thats annoying. How about underneath available colours write down some information about the quality like "Our tshirts are made fomr 100% cotton and the logos are printed on with ..." so people know it not total tosh.

About the site layout again, really, please change the background, its annoying to look at and it feels like a MISTAKE and might do to other people. Make the background grey or grey with some tiny pattern on. (dots etc, not tacky crap) To me it really looks like its not meant to be like that and that may put people off.

Another point is that the instant I put this site on I thought it was a magazine. You need to advertise products on the main page, not surfing images. Have those images if you want but put in "TSHIRT ONLY £19.99" or whatever the price is. Underneath !aqua culture clothing you need to write something like "welcome to our clothes site, or similar because what you have wrote doesnt really make it clear this is a shop. I know this sounds daft, but thats how it looks. Underneath that I suggest you make it clear about postage and packing because that is always important to online shoppers or at least make a clear link about postage. Also across the bottom in one of those links, put in links to clothing or other products. If I was you Id have all of them linked to a product. You need to use the main page as a direct link to products. In fact looking again you have done this with two of the links. BUT I didnt notice, - not good. Use yellow or bright pink boxes or something with prices on or whatever, but make it CLEAR. Its too much like a magazine and not enough like a shop

Anyway hope this helps a bit. Nice cool design btw
    Last edited by asmallmonkeyman; 08-08-2005 at 08:12 PM.

Go to this forum and ask around, its all about search engine optomization (getting your site out there)

http://www.seo-talk.com/index.php?

Thanks everyone. Every comment I agreed with! If you don't mind I would like to take your suggestions and make some changes to the site (asmallmonkeyman) (channel367) ?? I agree with your suggestions 100%

(badboy_69) thanks for the suggestion of hanging out with girls, we need to do that more than we already do!

(pubchum) the redirect address is TheRides ))) http://www.therides.com

(The_Anomaly) Thanks for the link I will check it out!

(ugo_a_go_go) Good eye!
    --------------------
    I'll repost in about 2 weeks.

cool glad I helped, good luck with it