A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why football players wear pads

why football players wear pads

did anyone see the mike camron/ beltran collision? its on mlb.com main site, brutal.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

very brutal....yet entertaining

totally crazy.

link to video

Their fears were confirmed when they learned the head-to-head collision with Beltran had caused the Mets right fielder to suffer a concussion that was characterized as slight, multiple fractures of both cheekbones and a broken nose. They had also worried about neck and back problems

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I thought this was a thread about footballers having incontinence problems??

*runs away
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

this here is about man sports, not about girls running around kickingballs and falling to teh ground when someone kicks the air near them.

Registered pseudo intellectual
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    this here is about man sports, not about girls running around kickingballs and falling to teh ground when someone kicks the air near them.
    I'm sure Vinny Jones would whole heartedly agree

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    Man's sport? Then why do they need to wear pads?

These guys don't:

(well, small shoulder pads to be honest... )

And these guys definitely don't:

And I never really saw the masculinity in wearing tights myself...

...but that's just me I guess.
    (and I swear to God, he LOOKS like he's wearing an incontinence pad...)

He he...

(evil mood)
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

That's a kicker. They don't wear leg pads for obvious reasons!

And, in a game were you play rope-burn grab and swing tackle, it doesn't make it more bad ass to not wear pads.

In case you didn't realize, the purpose of wearing pads is primarily to allow GREATER impact, not to protect you from injury. Shoulder pads and hemlets allow you to run full speed, head first into a person. The only protective pads are on the knees and thighs. And those are to protect you from the solid hemlets that are flying around. I don't know about you, but I would much rather be ran into by someone without pads than someone with 20+ pound solid shoulder pads and a solid helmet.

evil mooding back!

ya know id never have guessed when i made fun of soccer, someone would start defending rugby.. another reason those guys neeed head protection.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalFlashDavo
    Man's sport? Then why do they need to wear pads?

These guys don't:

(well, small shoulder pads to be honest... )

And these guys definitely don't:

And I never really saw the masculinity in wearing tights myself...

...but that's just me I guess.
    (and I swear to God, he LOOKS like he's wearing an incontinence pad...)

He he...

(evil mood)
    Hahahaha we always get this discussion going... Americans are soft lardy girls, Rugby, Ozzie Rules are seriously hard men... often play with broken bones... as soon as a septic bruses something, they limp off the pitch as if a limb had been amputated...

I've played both Rugby and Football Proper. Both are great, rough sports. One includes weapons (helmets and shoulder pads) and the other does not.

MarkP, don't make me dig up a list of examples of Football Proper players playing with bone spurs, broken bones, etc!

And who are you calling septic, Crocadile Dundee?

Quote Originally Posted by indivision
    I've played both Rugby and Football Proper. Both are great, rough sports. One includes weapons (helmets and shoulder pads) and the other does not.

MarkP, don't make me dig up a list of examples of Football Proper players playing with bone spurs, broken bones, etc!

And who are you calling septic, Crocadile Dundee?
    Dundee???

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    Dundee???
    Oi! I started rented a flat in Dundee yesterday, you better not have a bad word to say about it!

Same street as 'the worst poet in British history', McGonagall
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    Dundee???
    Yep.

And don't pretend you haven't seen him around!

I still don't get it... do you think I'm Australian... or do you want to play knifey spoony with me?

Google + "dundee worst" = 1 2 3 4

Looks like it was a good move mate!

lol. my bad. i did think you were australian. especially when you were comparing our football to "ozzie rules" rugby. i didn't know that sports from foreign countries were fair game.

in that case, whatever you have to say, philipino kickboxers are truly tough men!

naw. he's a gap tooth brit... think Austin Powers.

comb your teeth. brush your chest hair.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

It's interesting how Rugby players think they're so tough because they don't wear pads. American football is a much "tougher" game in terms of how players are tackled, hence WHY they wear the pads, as Indivision said.

You take 22 Rugby players and line them up on an American football field with no pads and play by American football rules and you'll see 22 rugby players carted off in strechers to the hospital with severe head injuries.

The difference of course is in the way they tackle. Sure, in Rugby you may get a head on collision once in awhile, but that is a rarity, the norm is a wussy wrap-around "swing tackle".

In US football you can either go forwards or backwards, which makes for many more situations where you must take someone down head on.

I'd love to see a rugby player try to break through an offensive line without pads. Or a rugby player running through a defensive line without pads? They'd get killed. Watch a linebacker blitz a quarterback or running back, full speed ahead. It simply isn't possible to do that consistently without a helmet on, unless you want to be spoon fed for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by Visionray; 08-13-2005 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by indivision
    lol. my bad. i did think you were australian. especially when you were comparing our football to "ozzie rules" rugby. i didn't know that sports from foreign countries were fair game.

in that case, whatever you have to say, philipino kickboxers are truly tough men!
    Hahahaha agreed!