A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why football players wear pads

Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    I'd love to see a rugby player try to break through an offensive line without pads. Or a rugby player running through a defensive line without pads? They'd get killed. Watch a linebacker blitz a quarterback or running back, full speed ahead. It simply isn't possible to do that consistently without a helmet on, unless you want to be spoon fed for the rest of your life.
    You obviously didn't watch the Bledisloe Cup game last night, Aus v NZ (which is basically the pinnacle of the sport, andwhich we lost, dammit!!), you would have seen dozens of rugby players trying to run through defensive lines of giant maoris!! It's the reason why you often don't go through a game without 3 or 4 players getting injured quite seriously.

Anyway, I have to take the word of a friend of mine, an American former state representative college rugby player, who had played both sports at a decent level and said that rugby was defenitely the harder sport.

One of the reasons I don't play either!

(but I still don't get why they wear tights!?! )
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

=)