A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animateing Camra Problem In Swift 3D V4.

Animateing Camra Problem In Swift 3D V4.

I am trying to animate the camra to move to one position, then another position, and then another position and so on. The problem is when I try to animate it all the positions flow together in one smooth movement from the beginning to end. What I am doing is clicking the animate button, moveing the red tab over a set of frames, moveing the camra to animate it, then moveing the red tab to the next set of frames and moveing the camra to whare i want and so on. I don't kno why its all flowing together. Also if you have more then one camra how do you kno witch camra is recording the movie?
    Last edited by BlackCow237; 08-16-2005 at 10:27 AM.
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.

are you setting your left viewport to the camera option, and perhaps changing the right viewport to where you can see the camera - I usually use top - and then click the animate button, move the timeline forward, move the camera, then repeat?

make sure your viewport is set to camera first. don't have a camera in the list... that might be problem number one.

hope that helps.

oh, and I read your comment about the "who reads the manual!?" earlier... trust me. Swift3D's manual is actually helpful.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

ok a bit confused, what do you mean by viewport and what do u mean by dont have a camra in the list? I am useing the top view to move it and i select the free camra 1 so i can see through it. Am i doing something rong? And im also a bit confused on how to work with multiple camras, how do you kno what camra is actualy recording the movie and how do you switch from one camra to another for recording?

P.S. Yeah ill go read the manual
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.

Ill go into a bit more detail about what I am trying to do, I have some text that I want to zoom out on and then stop, then I want the camra to move below the text to an object thats below the text and have it stop, then i want it to rotate behind the object and stop, but instead the camra is going from zooming out of the text all the way to the back of the of the object in one motion.

dude, I can not seriously recommend reading the manual more than right now. that's not me being a jerk, it's that you'll know the in-and-outs of Swift3D quite a bit better than the two or so questions you've asked that were actually both in the manual.

And besides... how can you resist reading the manual!?

look below... everything is labeled.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

ah nevermind i figured it out, its hard to explane what the problem was but it works now, thx 4 ur help