A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: THANK YOU and invitation for everybody.

An FKer
    Hey Thankful, long time no see!

Just want to say congratulations on your newly developed website, and congratulations on getting it on Flashkit's homepage.

Me and my brother have just completed our first flash website, but it is in no way close to the awe inspiring ones you have put together.

I admit that they are truly inspirational and that I hope to be able to make flash websites like that in the near future. But I still have alot to learn before I can get there, but learning Flash is enjoyable

If you want, you can view our first flash website here at www.littlephotographer.ca.

Just seeing those websites inspires me to make another ... haha.

Good job once again!

Wow nice site, Thankful!
    'cept it took me hours to load...

Either its my internet connection -
    -or-
    Anyone knows what's going on in FireFox if you can't open Yahoo, Google, and Hotmail? even my MSN account a'int logging in properly coz there's a stupid ****ing FireWall... which i don't even know WHICH and WHERE is the firewall.

****ing system.....

Hello everybody,

Thanks guy for all those praises and nice words. Yes, voice sounds little repetitive as you already mentioned Freshly, but it's kind of my signature, and the other thing.... ther is no voice anywhere else on the site except on the splash screen. Again, no ned to be jealous, I am never jealous at anyone else, even though I see millions of Flash designers at least millions of times better than me. Jealousy is not the best attribute not just by itself, but because it leads to even worse attributes. When I see something that makes me go WOW, I just respect the author's effort and everything he put into his work. He helps me realize where I was making mistakes and helps me to develop myself as a better person and I hope better designer as well...

@Osteel - I saw your website guys, and I have to tell you that I am happy when I see that my work has some influence. It doesn't make me angry or anything like that, but it helps me realize that my work is worth something. Thanks for showing us the results of your hard work.

@tongxn - I don't have any problems with site, it actually loads in half of second. It is optimizied as hell, and also there is a preloader like always. I always build a preloader every single time my flash file is above 250 kb, because I was on dial-up once and I know exactly what's the feeling when you are waiting for something to download, so I haven't forgoten those people too. The other thing, my domain is hosted by GoDaddy.com, and I am asuring you that they do the best possible job. I have never seen such a wonderful service in my whole life, I am telling you.

Also, I just contacted my friend in my old country Croatia, Eruope. I connected remotelly to his computer and started my page. It loaded almost instantly... and best of all, he is still on dial up. So I guess there must be something regarding your connection. Firewall will not slow down your connection if you use any one of those well known firewalls. I also have a software firewall, plus I am behind my hardware router/firewall. They have nothing to do with how fast Flash will load. The problem some of your pages wouldn't load forever is inside your firewall and antivirus configuration pages. You need to properly configure everything, so you know what's going to be blocked and what not. Best you can do is to visit their technical support forums, and ask those people how to properly set everything. I am sure they will help you since I am forum regular at avast! antivirus forum and many years part of the technical support over there, with more than 5980 posts by now... You just have to give them all details how everything is configured on your site at this point, and then they will tell you what needs to be done so you can finally browse the interenet without any problems. I am sure some settings are set the way so they efficiently block some suspicious content pages, and then it gives you all kind of problems...

Again, thanks for all your comments people !
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

Ooo is GoDaddy.com hosting a domian 4 free?
    or at least hosting a free-webspace under its own domain for Free?

My Speed yesterday dropped from a 12MB broadband (which is already working at only 5% of that normally) to a minimum 0.8% or sommat, like 3~7kbps
    Its like Hell when it goes like that.
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

I am just trying to compliment you. I am not going to become some raging idiot with a bad attitude, infact you site can become very inspiring to any artist, being that you are an artist you should understand that.

Keep up the good work.

Freshly

No there is nothing free when it comes to GoDaddy.com, but that's why they are the best of the best. Also prices are better than anywhere else. I am not trying to advertize them or anything like that, because I really get nothing to do that, I still have to pay my domain name and hosting plan like everybody else. I am saying this just to help others if I can, when it comes to choosing the right hosting company. Many forum regulars also use GoDaddy.com services and they all are happy.

Also, how professional would it be to put my small business web page to some free hosting service ? Not quite IMHO...
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

Quote Originally Posted by freshly
    I am just trying to compliment you. I am not going to become some raging idiot with a bad attitude, infact you site can become very inspiring to any artist, being that you are an artist you should understand that.

Keep up the good work.

Freshly
    Yes I understand that, and I wrote all those things up there not because I think there was anything offensive inside your reply (no way), but just to explain my point of view. Writting in forums, and communicating through messenger programs is not always the best way to interact with people, just because you can't see their faces and face expresions, so many things can be easily misunderstood. I didn't misunderstand your words, actually they were very flattering, but I was just saying my thoughs because one of my great friends, FlashKit forum regulars said exactly the same thing to me, just like you said in your reply up there... and we already spoke about those things...

No Worries Thankful!

no but its always helpful to get a first experience when doing something, such as designing a website.. and I'd rather not pay for that experience.
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

i like the site man nice