A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with Design

Help with Design

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a website for a friend's photography portfolio, and I really have no idea what to do with the homepage. He wants a black background, something really simple but classy, and no images from the portfolio on the homepage.

I really only use flash as a hobby and am not much of a web designer, so your suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank you!

Even with no portfolio images, something with a black background that's "simple but classy" leaves literally 100,000,000 possibilities...

So, more info is needed. Take a look at some other photo websites and see how they arrange their homepage. Maybe that will give some ideas.
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

I guess I haven't been doing that because I was afraid I'd latch onto someone else's ideas and not be able to think of my own. I think I need to change my question up a bit, though. What do you look for in a good flash site?

Creating a good website is very hard, creating a good flash website is nearly impossible. To this date i think i have seen maybe 2 sites that i can accept as proper sites i can use over and over again. I only use Flash as an effects tool, nothing else.

a very simple and monochromatic flash site?

check out this effort for blur

It fits the bill perfectly, you can use the idea's from it but easily come up with something that is not a "rip off" if you put your mind to it...... its what everyone else does......