A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any car guys in here?

Any car guys in here?

So, me and my girlfriend had a deal last year, we buy each other a car we think would be perfect for each other. I funded her a beautiful pink boxter, but she got me a terribly lame Z3.

After tens of thousands of insults from fellow workmates etc, I've decided to get a new car. There's this beautiful car that im looking at right now, only problem is that its light yellow. Dude. Yuck.

So my question...is it possible to have your car repainted? Would it not look weird? Like...the insides of doors and the inside of the bonnet and all being different colors?

yeah... you can have a car repainted easily. I had a '64 impala in high school - first car - and it was white. I had it painted navy metallic blue and had all of the door jams, and somewhat quickly visible stuff - look down next time you get into the car... see that little black rubber place where the BMW logo is located in the door frame? I even had that removed and painted underneath that as well.

But it's gonna be expensive. Mine hit me up for 1800.00 USD way back in '89... with the sheer amount of clearcoat I got, that's a 4k job now.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Money's never been a problem But you're saying that if a professional does it, it CAN be done?

Sweet, new car here I come

yep. professional only. surprised that you didn't know that. check around some of the shops... ask about the layers of paint and clearcoat. What you're looking for, color-wise, I'll leave that up to you. But good paint jobs now can hit 6k easily.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    I had a '64 impala in high school.
    Cool, you don't have it anymore?

naw... drunk driver dude rammed the hell out of it a week before my graduation.

Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    So, me and my girlfriend had a deal last year, we buy each other a car we think would be perfect for each other. I funded her a beautiful pink boxter, but she got me a terribly lame Z3.

After tens of thousands of insults from fellow workmates etc, I've decided to get a new car. There's this beautiful car that im looking at right now, only problem is that its light yellow. Dude. Yuck.

So my question...is it possible to have your car repainted? Would it not look weird? Like...the insides of doors and the inside of the bonnet and all being different colors?
    What you getting? Custom paint jobs are easy, just get some recomendations before you send your car there!

Gah, I was planning to get this, but im an idiot and only just read the last line of the advert - "DOES NOT COMPLY FOR NEW ZEALAND ROADS DUE TO FLOOD DAMAGE HISTORY".

Btard. I'm looking at a much more expensive investment now, however, I still dont like the silver, I want it in black. So yeah, paint job thing still counts. Now im looking at this. Already spoke to the seller too, I see the car on Sunday morning

Cant wait to test drive it!

Registered pseudo intellectual
    How about you get an interesting car for the same price and not get a Boxter?

Quote Originally Posted by krona
    How about you get an interesting car for the same price and not get a Boxter?
    Hey, boxters are amazing drives! You are right though... everyone and their hair dresser has one!

I'd go for a nice TVR!

Not many people here who own boxters

Anyways, did you guys check the second link? The one im looking at now? Its a Carrera. I was thinking of Mercedes and BMW's, but they're too common (unlike the boxter). I like porsche's.

What's a TVR? :\

"Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Quote Originally Posted by robbmcaulay
    EWWW! Why did you pick the ugliest oldes TVR?!

Check the website for the new beauties!

Well Carrera's are even more common around here than the boxters. My next door neighbor has one, and so does a guy down the road from here. What's even worse is they are all silver...

In this part of the UK, owning a Carrera means A) you're rich, and B) you have a crap taste in cars. Sorry, I wouldn't even look twice at you at the lights (which is what most Carrera owners want you to do).

TVR
    I hear a lot about the crappy worksmanship on the the interiors (not particularly the design, just the worksmanship) but all that goes to pot when I hear that engine. WOW, just.. WOW.

Oi! Quit flaming my baby! The TVR in the website looks super fugly too! Hell no! I was thinking Corvette's...but they're too uhm...they aint got that "cool" factor I want...

Ok so come on, any recommendations? I'm willing to spend up to $120k NZ, which is $83k US and $46k GBP. But thats kinda pushing it. What car would you double take at?

Quote Originally Posted by zakp0
    a beautiful pink boxter
    love to see a photo of that!!

tvrs are sexy

or a lotus elise? maybe a bit cheap though....

You all have no taste! The Tuscan is freeeking amazing! A modern day 250GTO!

What car would you double take at?
    Well I'm more of a biker guy so I don't really look at cars anyway, but my eyes would love to grace the lines of a Noble M12 Coupe. Although I don't know how available Noble's are outside of the UK/Europe. Same goes for TVR. Never looked into it to be honest.

Of course it depends more on your fun / practicality ratio. I mean, most people probably wouldn't enjoy being crammed into a Lotus Exige Coupe for 3 hours in a traffic jam, but like I said, I'm more of a biker