A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CPC Advertising... anybody know $$$

CPC Advertising... anybody know $$$

I am a long time web developer, but just recently I've had two or three clients interested in marketing their sites using Cost-Per-Click advertising (Google Adwords and Overture). I've worked with CPC before, and I think this could be an additional way for me to generate monthly cash flow, so I am interested in getting involved with this.... but I don't really know how to charge for this type of service.

Do any of you offer this service to your clients? What is your typical markup for managing this type of thing... from my small bit of research, it seems that most firms are using a flat-fee per month approach, rather than an hourly charge approach. I think this would be easier to keep thing consistent.

Example... If a client wants to spend $1000 for a CPC campaign on Google. What % should I charge for the management services. My initial thought is somewhere around 30-50%, meaning $600 would be used to actually buy up the keywords, and $400 would be the management fee (profit). Please advise.

Bayzing

That is a great question bayzing and something I would like to know more about too (in terms of pricing).
    "Leading the business of today into the future of tomorrow"

There is a lot of information to be found on the web about Adwords pricing (without having an account). Therefor I just use the whole budget for Adwords and just charge my clients per hour. This way there are no surprises for anyone when the client might find out what the pricing is and I just send them a copy of Adwords statistics.
    Vincent
    SWIS BV

Last edited by Markp.com on 07-23-2003 at 02:25 AM

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar

charging ppc management services to web portfolio clients

have decided to right an article about this, will be back in an hour !!!!

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar

here is the article i wrote up to answer this question

here is the link

ppc article for small to medium sized web agencies

any coments welcomed.