A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Battle :: Transitions v1 .Colors.

Lightbulb Flash Battle [complete!] :: Transitions v1 .Colors.

Don't let the boring name fool you, I think it turned out well:

Without Audio (I recommend watching this one first)

With Audio (Only adam's volley(8), and I added a mix of adam's track to my volley(9) as well...mixed directly in Flash )

Original Thread

(Let me know if there are any problems... I just went through hell with a client because of Browser inconsistencies with a Flash project...)

Post Battle Thoughts:
    I had alot of fun with this! We definately have to do this more often!
    My favorite volley is probably v7 by Dricciotti, brown-to-green. I really just love the feel of it, and it seems to really stick out to me in the middle of the other vollies.
    I definately don't win the creativity award! Like I said I had fun, but after I started this battle some huge stressful situations have smashed into me, so I feel my vollies lack the same spirit as the others, but I still had crazy fun.
    For this sort of battle, I think we need people like admedia, who can get vollies together quickly. I think we all got our act together by the second half, but I would love to see what a group of admedias could crank out.
    I appreciated your contributions jAQAUN and adam. The 3D is a nice touch to have in there, and audio; We need to consider it more in the next round!

I like the endless loop... when you get back to the beginning, it gives you a cool sense of completion mixed with continuation, like a good ending to a story. But we should experiment in the future with more 'purpose' - perhaps we take a simple story, and each volley has to communicate(with visuals, use words if needed) his/her section in the volley. Or anything, just something that gives each volley more of a purpose. We could even take a song, and each person gets a phrase(or several) of it. That could be royally tight.

While I did appreciate the guest appearences, I do think this sort of battle works better with an assigned order.

I think the blind vollies really added as well(Dricciotti's idea). If I had thought of it, I probably would have suggested it the whole way through.

All around, I think Flash battles and collaboratives should be more common here at FlashKit. They take more work than a PS battle, that's for sure, but I think they can really pay off. I hope this one sparks some interest.

I would love to hear all your thoughts. Especially from you lurkers!

Vollies
    1 - flashl!ght - white(#FFFFFF) -> black(#000000) "let's begin"
    2 - admedia - black(#000000) -> purple(#583A70) "eyes"
    3 - Dricciotti - purple(#583A70) -> red (#A20909) "mario's revenge"
    4 - jAQUAN(guest) - red(#A10000) -> blue(#0000A1) "3D boxes"
    5 - flashl!ght - blue(#0000A1) -> orange(#FF6600) "techno blues"
    6 - admedia - orange(#FF6600) -> brown(#80543A) "sunrise"
    7 - Dricciotti - brown(#80543A) -> green(#66CC00) "the interactive feeling one"
    8 - adamcronhill(guest) - green(#66CC00) -> pink!(#F9318F) "saw, scary dude, dancing pink mop boy"
    9 - flashl!ght - pink(#F9318F) -> yellow(#FFFF00) "pink stuff"
    10 - admedia - yellow(#FFFF00) -> orange-ish(#CC6600) "banana"
    11 - Dricciotti - orange-ish(#CC6600) -> white(#FFFFFF) "sunset & sunrise"
    [repeat]
    Last edited by >flashl!ght<; 08-26-2005 at 01:57 PM.
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

Haha... cool man. It turned out much better than I expected. The blind volleys made it really fun to watch at the end. I love what you did with the pink Flashl!ght, that was a great way to handle that.

I 'volley' transitions are definitly the most entertaining. Now I wish I'd payed more attention. I'd like to do this again soon, and stay within the guidelines.

that was brilliant you did it all pretty quickly too. very impressed

yeah, lets do that again. Top banana Admedia

audio isnt working for me.

edit: nm
    Last edited by jAQUAN; 08-26-2005 at 05:05 PM.

Sick work guys. Both flashl!ght and admedia's last volleys were great. I definaly have some stuff to take notes on from you two. Also, awsome job on putting this all together flashl!ght; I like your preloader better and everything went seamless between volleys. I think it would definaly add a lot if we incorporated sound into the next one; at least just something simple in the background.

Awesome guys..love the result...i was suprised that it was a blind battle. I should have read the rules. It's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    Awesome guys..love the result...i was suprised that it was a blind battle. I should have read the rules. It's cool.
    Only a blind battle for the last few volleys. I think then next one will/should be all blind.

ah, cool. I like that blind battle concept alot...we should implement it more into battles in the arena. Even if it's just between 2 people. I can't remember all the details of our last rollcanvase, but i think it would work wiht normal battles.

Id be down for a 1 on 1 battle with blind volleys. Maybe a two person rollCanvas with a different shape instead of just a line.... Ive had some ideas, maybe ill draw them up

i was also thinking of photoshop as well....like doing 4-5 rounds or so.

I wanted to do this with the last rollCanvas... it seemed like a fun, yet challanging idea:
    Two person battle; 5 images for 1 person, 4 for the other. You go in the order as shown below; starting with the middle and moving outwards. Each volley only reveals the last 100 pixels of their image (on all sides that touch another one) and the next volleys has to play off those sides (exactly the same as the rollCanvas). The most sides you would have to play off of is 2 but usually just one plus a corner which shouldent be too bad).

Flasher
    Nice idea Dricotti. I'd like to see what people come up with!