A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SimonStenhouse.NET Portfolio

SimonStenhouse.NET Portfolio

Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on a Flash Portfolio for myself which is still incomplete. Sections still left to do are "Portfolio", "Services", and "Downloads". I've uploaded what I've done so far and would appreciate any and all comments you can give.

FLASH: http://www.simonstenhouse.net/

I also have an older XHTML site I was working on and I'd be thankful for any comments on it as well (even though it isn't done in Flash).

XHTML: http://www.simonstenhouse.net/xhtml.php

Thanks for your time!

Hi there,

It's a pretty cool site, I like it. The way the site loads is also pretty nice. My only suggestions are:

-Take out that annoying sound from the logo
    -The main menu looks sort of ... i don't know ... unfinished if you will. Try playing around with it a little more.

Other than that, good job!

i like the feel of the flash site. Still needs some tweaking though although it is hard to tell on an unfinished site.

I wanted to make a post about the Xhtml site tho. The font on the menu is too small. I cant read it at 1024x768

overall i really like the site, it's simple and easy to navigate. i think you should speed up the animations a bit though, it would make it feel more slick, and give the animations a little more pop. also, I'm not sure about everything to the right of your logo. I'm not sure what you have planned for that space, but currently it's empty, with your stats to the right of it. I'm not sure how necessary the stats are, and if you aren't going to put anything to the right of the logo, you could probably size it down a bit and streamline the site a bit, which would really fit the style of the site you've built so far. Good start!
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

well, like it says on his site, he's still working on that area

Thanks for the feedback so far! I thought the logo sound might annoy some people. Guess that'll be the first to go, no need to make the logo clickable/spin out like that then either.

For the blank area next to the logo, I've decided to put my name (gotta go somewhere!) that stays static but has some kind of nifty, subtle effect on a mouseover.

I'll look into speeding up the animations as well.