A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3ppin website update

3ppin website update

Hi,

I've just updated my site to V.3 (in demo space) haven't got it all up there as few links are missing but I've got all that ready just needs to be uploaded as well as some audio file links etc because it is just a beta test. I just wanted to see what pepople think and are there any general comment , errors or things that you think might be issue and can be improved before I launch the final site.

Thanks

http://www.3ppin.com/v3

p.s. ignore the sounds I've put some dummy sounds as a placeholder
    does anyone know wny good links for interface sounds?

I like the layout and colors...well done. One thing that bothered me was the audio loop...it got really old quickly. And yes you need some interface sounds, very subtle ones though. Another thing i disliked was the fact that the scroll bar is on the left side of the scrollable content...it might just be a personal gripe but it felt akward scrolling, kind of like trying to read a book from the back to the front. Anyway, i like your design sense...the site just needs some tweaks.

Thanks for the input , much appreciated ... I'll see what I can do it's damn hard finding decent sound effects ...

cheers

i really like the design of the site as well, it's a good balance of graphical elements and content. the left side scroller is a bit unorthodox, but i think it fits into the space much better than one to the right of it. if you shrunk the menu a bit, you might not even need a scroller. the only other thing i can think of is that everything else comes in a pop up, which a lot of people might have blocked automatically. and holding down control and clicking every time might become a little tedious. i think it would be great if some of that stuff was incorporated into the flash part of the site.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com