A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't you hate it when...

Don't you hate it when...

Your cutting something with an exacto knife, you slip and it goes into your leg and sprays blood like a geyser everywhere?

And that's why you don't use your thigh as a straight-edge

What kinda distance did you get?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    What kinda distance did you get?
    I am not sure, but there was blood on my sons head, he's about 3'8 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by yasunobu13
    And that's why you don't use your thigh as a straight-edge
    I was sitting cross legged in the driveway, it went right into my calf.

Quote Originally Posted by admedia
    I am not sure, but there was blood on my sons head, he's about 3'8 or something.
    Way to F$%$ up your kid! He's gonna remember that for the rest of his life and have nightmares. Good Job!

Luckily, I'm too paranoid to have cut myself with an x-acto blade. The closest I've come is cutting through my fingernail with a utiliy knife. Although I did know someone who cut off the tip of his thumb with an x-acto. He did on a light table and said that the back-lit pool of blood was quite the sight to see.

I've seen a friend of mine get the entire tip of his finger torn off. It's not a nice sight to see when there's a tiny white piece of bone sticking out and not even one piece of flesh or blood surrounding it. The paramedics were more worried about me than my friend.

Didn't anyone ever teach you the number-one rule of using an x-acto knife? Cut away from yourself.

ew. just, ew.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

While we're talking about gruesome accidents, About a year ago, I was trying to pop one of those metal plates off the back of my PC case, and I was pushing in really hard when it finally gave way. Unfortunately, my finger went right through it like a cheese grater and put a gash about a 1/2" long into the side of my finger. There was a lot of blood lost, and a lot of bad language.

WTF
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Slight clarification, it was a utility knife, not an x-acto knife.

Holy F*@JA Are you sure you still have a leg? That must suck big time.

Same rule still applies, though about cutting away from yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis F5
    While we're talking about gruesome accidents, About a year ago, I was trying to pop one of those metal plates off the back of my PC case, and I was pushing in really hard when it finally gave way. Unfortunately, my finger went right through it like a cheese grater and put a gash about a 1/2" long into the side of my finger. There was a lot of blood lost, and a lot of bad language.
    That's like an average night of me cooking dinner...lots of language and lot's of band-aids.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Slight clarification, it was a utility knife, not an x-acto knife.
    Just as sharp but twice as wide and deep... even nicer!

Just so you don't feel as dumb anymore... I was shingling up on Nantucket (*prepares for jokes).
    I was keeping the blade fully extended in my right hand while scoring and snapping off the ends of the shingles and when I bent one particularly thick shingle I snapped it off so hard that I brought my hands together sinking the utility knife up to the hilt into the crook of my left thumb and my wrist severing a tendon.
    I didn't realise it was so bad untill I bent my wrist away from me and saw this gaping mouth open up on my wrist, exposing the white cartiledge and bones before filling up and overflowing with a pool of inky dark redness.

Another time I was taking a metal bucket of roof tar out of the trunk of the car in a light rain and while I was muscling it out and twisting it my hand slipped and I sliced the end of my finger off on one of the metal tabs that ring the lid.
    The only thing keeping the tip from falling to the ground was a thin layer of skin under the fingernail.
    I got it sewed back on but I still don't have any feeling in the end of that finger.
    It's like it's permanently "asleep".

There.
    Now you can feel like you're not alone in the "I'm so stupid, I should've known better" club.

Btw,... here's your sign. (don't get any blood on it)
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick

I swear you said 'Your cutting someone with an exacto knife, you slip and it goes into your leg and sprays blood like a geyser everywhere?' when I first read that.

'ouch' to all the above stories. Ive been lucky enough to avoid doing anything with excessive blood coming out of me.

btw, I just noticed I hit 1,000 posts and nothing cool happened. Maybe like a secret forum or something

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    your will DOES say that I get all of your clients right???

imagination through stupidity
    Your cutting something with an exacto knife, you slip and it goes into your leg and sprays blood like a geyser everywhere?
    my dad wins, he cut himself in the leg with a chainsaw, not realizing that the chain was still moving. Same reason why he's cut the power cord with the hand rotary saw dozens of time cause he just puts it down while the blade is spinning like a mother****er.

i don't think it was spraying, just leaking.. lots. same idea when i cut my head, blood everywhere.
    Nothing to see here, move along.