A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flickr the new deviant art?

Flickr the new deviant art?

Ok, Flickr, great service etc...

But the people leaving comments... omg... what a bunch of sickofantic emo FREAKS!

Describing someones crappy photo as if it was the freeeeeking Mona Lisa!

And then when some rough looking trollop posts a photo of herself, all the nerds freak out about how beautiful she is, no doubt in the innane hope she'll "webcam" for them...

Ah... rant over Whats getting your panties in a twist today?

Flashkit rants.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

People who rarely post without whining?

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

you talking about me?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

We going to have a problem? Wanna take this inside?

It's actually against the TOS at flickr to post non-photographic images, like the ones you find on deviantart.

I have a flickr account and I love the service, though it will never replace my blog, but you're right, people can be sycophantic. But I've found that there's no limit to people's taste, one man's poison, etc etc. There are groups on flickr, like deleteme, that are aimed at the more critical commentator, and can be quite savage, but not in a devianart kinda way, thanks god.

I have only noticed a few comments. Like I will upload them with the upload tool, it will ask me if I wanna see them and by the time I name them and see if they showed up right there is comments...wicked fast. But there is just SOO many pictures on there I don't see how mine are seen.

It was more in reference to MarkP, wannabe. But if you want to take it inside anyway.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

What do you wanna do inside? Dance? Play video games...you decide

I totally dislike dance video games. If you seriously knew how friggin' dorky you look with your legs going "cross, cross, step forward, then back, and repeat..." you'd seriously stop.

But then again, it's the only exercise that some people actually get. so continue looking dorky, some of you, I guess.

*boycott arcades*

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

eeew no!!!!

I was trying to just make a funny.

DDR or DDR2XFYW or whatever they call it now is the lamest thing I have ever seen. It is bad music, bad "dancing", and all the people I have seen do it are never going to be my friend

true story: saw 2 kids dance off in the arcade entrance in NY without music or whatever they just started doing one of thr songs they both knew by heart...not even close to being served

I second the boycott on arcades, filthy places they are.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    in NY
    You're in Ithaca right? I'll be there this Thursday through Monday. Staying at a state park at the very end of Cayuga Lake...Alan Treman State Park.

I hope i don't have any stalkers here

what? I am in Vermont.

Castleton, VT technically now, where I go to school.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    You're in Ithaca right? I'll be there this Thursday through Monday. Staying at a state park at the very end of Cayuga Lake...Alan Treman State Park.
    I went to IC.

Unless you're knocking back martini's at Stella's, there's no reason for you to be up there.

*edit*

Well, unless you're going to check out the Falls or wineries.
    Last edited by PAlexC; 09-13-2005 at 01:37 AM.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.