A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: LoadMovie

LoadMovie

I created a project, the name of this is project1. I this project I use the function loadMovie(project2). It happens that when I execute project1, project 2 is loaded however the size of the movie is not equal to the original, seems that it is with zoom. How it can make so that project2 is of the original size when will be loaded in project1?

Thanks, for help.

*Sorry my bad English, this is not my first language.
    Last edited by insideside; 09-13-2005 at 08:41 AM.

hi,

there are 2 ways to load a movie. you can either load it into a level:

loadmovienum("movie.swf",levelnumber);

or into a sprite:

spritename.loadmovie("movie.swf");

if you load the movie into a level, it'll play without problems, regardless of its setup. however the loaded movie adapts the size of the base movie. if the base movies stage is larger than the loaded movie, the loaded movie will increase in size accordingly - and vice versa.

if you load into a sprite, the movie may lose its functionality, depending on how it's set up, but its size will be maintained.

so depending on which loadmovie method you're using, either make the loaded movies stage the same size as the base movies size and position the elements so they appear in the correct positions, or make sure that the container sprites into which you're loading the movie isn't resized in any way (transform panel).

Thanks Lys12.

I obtained to load movie with function loadmovienum("project2,swf", 1);. Now necessary to know as to change movie of place, therefore it is appearing in the top of project1 and not in the way as I want.

How I make to manipulate where it must be?

well as i said, make the loaded movies canvas exactly the same size as the base movie. then select all elements and move them into the positions where you want them to appera when the movie is loaded.

Sorry. I did not understand its reply.

Enclosed project 2 in project 1 continues appearing in the top. It does not have as to drag it.

seems as if you forgot to attach the files (please post the swis, not the swfs or html)...

Ok.
    Attached Files Attached Files

the base movie (movie3) is sized 279*199 px. open the botoes swi and make it the same size, then select all elements and move them where you'd like them to appear. see attached example:
    Attached Files Attached Files