A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to make a 3d car?

how to make a 3d car?

does anyone know of a tutorial that will teach you how to make a simple car???
    i am aiming to make one similar to the cars in "Zoe Zombie"

Since the addition of the Advance Modeler in Swift3D v4.0 and higher, I've actually been using the vertex methods afforded to me by that portion of the program much like I would do a low-poly car design/model within 3ds max... but instead of quads, you're dealing with triangles all of the time. Slight workflow adjustment.

After looking over at SwiftDev, I swore they had a car tutorial written by BlinkOK up for a while... but I couldn't locate it. They had the tire tutorial up. For what it's worth, their is a training CD by one of the members here and there, an awesome member named Rainman, that made a training CD available for download... I'd say check it out.

But back to the low-poly models, I've used similar tutorials to this or something similar.

I'll keep looking around because there's plenty of methods for attacking this. Some people create a plane, sub-divide, then alter the points to create a mesh to form parts of the car. Some people shape primitives into shapes and create parts of the object then combine to make a final file.

Or some people just create as they go. It's all based on your tendencies... I tend to use the plane method more and more lately.

btw... welcome to Flashkit

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

sorry dude. not me on the car thingy. i do remember a dude doin a zooper cool lexus though. now what woz his name?
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

lol. I never finished that Lexus. Trying to get curves for the fenders and smoothing made me find a new religion based on beer and rage.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

hehe! try rum!
    actually there's a couple of dudes over at swiftdev who are workin on cars at the moment;
    http://www.swiftdev.com/board/viewto...639&highlight=
    http://www.swiftdev.com/board/viewto...619&highlight=
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Lexus.. I remember that.. seems like ages ago...

Rainman made a nice Merc and Lotus. Tyger made a Supra. Liquidcreativity a Shelby Cobra and KDN5 a Mustang...

Ive been working on a car. I just built it like you build a real car. I made it in small parts and piced it together.
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.