A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sharp text in Flash: Easy I'm sure!!

Sharp text in Flash: Easy I'm sure!!

How do you keep text in flash sharp.. I'm using some freebies from FFF and even they go fuzzy:-(( how do I prevent this!!??

Any ideas ?

size 8 or 16 only, must be on whole number in both x and y pos
    peace.

thanks very much.. I'll give it go now!

well I noticed that the normal fonts do look sharper, but still the FFF look terrible, any further thoughts

the free ones are crap.............
    peace.

I noticed while using MX 2004 that there is a little check box you can select that changes the font to ultra sharp. A little like No Alias in Fireworks...

i had a lot of font problems last week, and FFF ended up being my solution. Although it says 8 point, you might have to play around with size in the text properties, because for example i had an FFF that looked terrible in "8" but absolutley crystal clear at size "10". when using any FFF font also remember to antialias and embed all characters.

if your using normal fonts, try antialias but in general putting their coordinates to eg 50.5 instead of 50.0 will stop antialiasing making the text fuzzy. the beauty will FFF is that even tho it can be hard to find a good one, when you find one the reproduction is perfect and as youve embedded guaranteed to appear the same on any browser/platform in theory
    antiknowsbest.com

thanks for your reply... BTW: This has got to be one of the best University websites I've ever seen... http://www.arch.columbia.edu/

god its a small world sometimes, are you still in Scarborough... love your website - and your work, and your friends of Anti stuff too!

something I'm working on... that I'd love turn into a flash website, well maybe the header and nav: http://www.sigmaconsultants.co.uk/malton.htm

hehe, are you in york - it is a small world . please check out site again in the next few days, im about to upload a complete overhaul, totally based in flash.....
    antiknowsbest.com

actually a bit further east - Village outside Malton

ah your halfway to me, thats makes it about 15 - 20 miles doesnt it?are you in norton?
    antiknowsbest.com

terrington...

btw: I have a brother in law who is self-employed in advertising. he's asked me to do a website for him. but i haven't got the flash skills to provide him with what i think he needs. i could easily do a basic site for him, which will look good, but working in advertising requires a flash site these days, plus something a bit more creative...

if you were able to do something along the lines of an intro plus portfolio how much would it cost?

cheers

jeremy

hey man i emailed your sigma email address
    antiknowsbest.com

If you can afford it, get Flash 8. It's fixed the whole font blur problem.