A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: hybrid, thoughts?

hybrid, thoughts?

just an html, flash, css, asp, mysql hybrid site. wondered what you might think or if you find any problems. thanks...

http://www.formetco.com/index2.asp

no problems dude.

the site is a nice example of balanced, functional design, yet maintaining the cool looks.
    very good work.
    I'm not liking the "File Upload" . I would go for a plain button just like the others. it would look more integrated.

than you. file upload is for the masses. i tend to aspire be rather elitist in my design principles but am always pushed by the need for the obvious.

looks very good, the integration is smooth and the layout is good.
    One problem, when I change sections I get a flikering in the masthead that doesn't look very profesional. I'm browsing with mozilla firefox.

Good Luck
    AG webdesign

are you on a mac or pc? are you talking about the top horizontal flash element with the text? thanks for the feedback...

hwne I click in creative services from out of media, tool, from creative I get one or two fliks in the blue upper flash box, it looks like the box gets higher, almost touching the top of the browser. I'm on PC with cable modem.

If I had to complain about something, it would be the menu systems as the buttons change at the different pages. That was my first impression. But I actually looked at all the pages to see it all since it seemed invititing.

On the home page I see the buttons for "printing and creative services." Its the video that activates once you click on it. Can you give a link to explain how you did this?
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

its just flash and not a video. its just a motion tween of all the visual elements that is activated by a next/prev frame loop when you mouse over.