A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is really neat..

This is really neat..

..suppose this should go in site check really but I have a question about it so the lounge might be appropriate.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/sv_SE/kampanj...k/dromkok.html

That effect - the panning around a still image. I'm asuming they have a semi-circle of cameras set up taking a photo at the same time right?

Also - I've seen it done in films before but sometimes the shot pans right round and you don't see a rack of cameras behind whatever it is the shot is of..

How does that work then?

You know - you'd imagine that, if you had a circle of cameras facing inwards, they'd end up taking photos of each other but you never actually see the other cameras in the background...

Anyway - it's a really nice piece of work.. take a look..

oh damn. now that's cool as hell.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

That is sweet. I think they could do the 'bullet-time' shoot with the rig of cameras, to freeze the motion of the action and then repeat the shoot but with each camera individualy removing each camera after its been shot, but without the 'action' in the scene, just for the bg. The two sets of resulting images could then be combined so as to remove all traces of any cameras. I would have thought that would work. Or they could have used the original bullet time idea and attached a camera to a mini-rocket and shot it round the scene in an arc

Allan Jardine
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    oh damn. now that's cool as hell.
    !!!

for those who wanted to know...

http://escience.anu.edu.au/lecture/c...ewalkthru1.mov

you then remove the black dots ( cameras ) in postpro.

I like how the music changes from scene to scene.

damn. That's simple amazing!

must have taken some expensive investment of time and equipment...

I was about to say, that looks like video, not jpegs stitched in Flash.

Still, awesome.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nayades
    I like how the music changes from scene to scene.
    Only the easiest part of creating that movie.

I thought the camera must be on a track, the actors, etc suspended by wires, thought your video gave a great insight into how it was done.

The best part for me is how they have elements at each side of each separate scene to allow for the seamless shift into each stage.

And PAC, I'm sure it was video, but maybe it's been optimized, imported frame-by-frame into Flash to allow user control?
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

It four-oh-fours on me.
    hello.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricaneone
    And PAC, I'm sure it was video, but maybe it's been optimized, imported frame-by-frame into Flash to allow user control?
    Yeah, scrolling back and forth is probably just scrubbing a looped FLV.

Still, the artwork, the thought put into the transitions, even the sense of depth you get off of it are all amazing.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog

This is just wrong.

its is sooo old techniks ... Theres that explosion in a movie where they use for 250 meters of camera like this. The movement goes trought appartment, street, explosion, other appartment then street again. realy sweet! .. I jsut dont remember the name of the movie.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

Something else I noticed: if you sit idle long enough the music fades out, fades back in when you interact with the movie again.

Really nicely done, I'm surprised a website hasn't used this technique before, it's been around long enough, but I guess it's expensive to do. Is there any button there that turns the sound off?

Once these shots had been put together the webdesigner would be just putting together a series of JPGs or PNGs. The hard part is in the capturing. One neat touch though is when they switch to a higher quality version of the image when you stop scrolling.

'Bullet time' is when there is a tiny delay in each of the cameras firing, allowing for slight movement within the arc. The effect here, where the cameras all fire simultaneously and the resulting image is static, was around for quite a while before the matrix came out, most notably in a series of gap commercials.

There was a huge explosion in the film 'swordfish' which used a similar bullet time technique and swang (?) through a really wide area as ballbearings punctured walls people and cars. Pretty spectacular. Awful film but the explosion was the best use I've seen of the technique.
    Last edited by aversion; 09-23-2005 at 11:18 AM.

Aversion - yeah, it must have been just single images - not footage - as you say as nothing actually moves in the pictures unlike the matrix one..

Anyway - I reckon I might try doing something like that myself. I've only got one camera so I'd have to move around an arc picture by picture so obviously I woldn't be able to have any moving stuff in the photo...

Might be quite interesting..

Also - who got a bit excited by that woman's legs?

And also - who tried to stop it so you could see up her skirt?

Quote Originally Posted by loydall

you?

Quote Originally Posted by loydall

Not me... it wouldn't work at work... but now I'm at home I'll take your suggestions into account...

Ok, after extensive research, you can't see up anyones skirt...