A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Testing new gear - macro

Testing new gear - macro

Got my first chance to go out and try out some of my new gear, namely my new MR-14EX macro flash, extension tubes and tripod. People have been sayng that there is noticable loss of quality when the extension tubes are used, but I must say it seems pretty good to me. And it gives me the chance to get some serious greater than 1:1 magnification.

canon 100mm f/2.8 macro + kenko 36mm extension tube + canon MR-14EX, hand held

canon 100mm f/2.8 macro + kenko (36mm+20mm) extension tube + canon MR-14EX, hand held

canon 100mm f/2.8 macro + kenko (36mm+20mm) extension tube + canon MR-14EX, hand held

canon 100mm f/2.8 macro + canon MR-14EX, tripod

None of the pics are cropped, just levels, USM and resize for web.
    Last edited by ctranter; 09-24-2005 at 07:58 PM.

Very Very nice....

and Very Very jealous of what you now have in your camera bag
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

do you have you sig as a file and just drag it onto your photos? or do you use an action in PS?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Its in a little file, then i just drag it over and alter the opacity/invert accordingly

the first one is confusing
    And now I/Foam to wheat, a glitter of seas./The child's cry//Melts in the wall./And I/Am the arrow,//The dew that flies/Suicidal, at one with the drive/Into the red//Eye, the cauldron of morning.

it's a drop of water on a blade of grass/some sort of plant not in the depth of field? What is confusing about it?