A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: biobased.net - Great Hybrid Site

biobased.net - Great Hybrid Site

Cool, but simple, corporate hybrid site:
    http://www.biobased.net

I dont agree.....seems very amature.

crappy navigation. It just does not look right. The different text sizes are just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by whispers
    I dont agree.....seems very amature.

Genesis of creative reflexes.. mysticpixels's Avatar

Please dont post such sites....maintain the FK standard...

This is an amatuerish site...

Mr.mowyouover...! This is not a coolsite. Seems a very unprofessional piece of work. Try posting some quality stuffs so that we all can increase our standards but not decrease...
    Im listing down some points which led me to find this site as amatuerish..

1. The typography is so disturbing
    2. No animation or any effect that makes it stand as a flash site
    3. The left nav bar is too horrible, as far as font size and type are concerned
    4. Too much top strip is wasted....
    5. lot more to say..but im in a hurry...catch in the next post of the thread.....

Expect a lot more cool posts hereafter....and lookforward for a gr8 post from u mowyouover..

Cheers...
    • Innovative Websites - (Flash/HTML-CSS)
    • Flash Intros/Animations
    • Interface/Layout Designing/Logo Designing

Com'on man ( mysticpixels ) it's not that bad
    I think you r being to "critical"

Look, this may not be the next 2a site, but there are a lot of posts that ask for new and cool hybrid sites. And "Mr. Mysticpixels" as for the "no animation or any effect that makes it stand as a flash site", I dont know how to respond. Did you not see the front page? You realize its a hybrid site, right? But you are entitled to your opinion. However, I do think this post is a valid cool site, not because it pushes the limits in terms of new navigation, high end lighting effects, etc, but because it is functional and informative (plus I like the style). Its a good example of a real hybrid site that some people may or may not draw inspiration from. In my opinion it doesn't increase nor decrease our standards, but rather is an another site that can be categorized as a corporate hybrid site.

Quote Originally Posted by mowyouover
    Look, this may not be the next 2a site, but there are a lot of posts that ask for new and cool hybrid sites.
    New (IMO) does not mean "just made"...more of new = fresh... and its definately not "cool" (no matter how you look at it)
    And "Mr. Mysticpixels" as for the "no animation or any effect that makes it stand as a flash site", I dont know how to respond. Did you not see the front page? You realize its a hybrid site, right? But you are entitled to your opinion. However, I do think this post is a valid cool site, not because it pushes the limits in terms of new navigation, high end lighting effects, etc, but because it is functional and informative (plus I like the style). while you may find a site cool because of content, others may not agree (although still a viable answer/reason on your part), I would think you would base it on more than just content that was "cool" to you...maybe an exceptional topic ALL may enjoy...but I suppose that is subject to personal opinion... usually a general majority of people like truly "cool" sites...not just one. (I like Barry Manillow,..does that make him "cool"?..hardly..only to me)
    ..Its a good example of a real hybrid site that some people may or may not draw inspiration from. In my opinion it doesn't increase nor decrease our standards, but rather is an another site that can be categorized as a corporate hybrid site. Exactly...just "another" corporate hybrid site...does that merit a "cool" site? Not in MY opinion.. I woudl think to be posted here (Cool Sites).. "Just another "XXX", "Same ol' Same ol' " would NOT be phrases used to describe it.

Alright, sorry, dont want to start an argument. Just thought it was something simple and cool...I'll be more careful.

not an arguement at all... and you are surely welcome to your opinion. (wouldnt have it any other way) just something that is cool to you (by means of personal content) may not be "cool" to another....where as, if you see great graphic work..or coding..(whether yoru "style" or not)..most can appricate it being a cool site.

mowyouover....appreciate your spirit...and whispers too :-) Anyhow we all are here for some inspirations and it is true that our level of inspirations differ. I was inspired by this post(even if not by the site that started all these...:-)).

It is good to be part of a design conscious community like FK. But doesnt mean that i will stop my criticising of bad sites like this one. It is not just acceptable to me as a cool site. Continue the design wave my friends...

Cheers

I don't think it's wise to diss anyone for what they post. Instead, a 'forum' should simply collect the opinions of the site AND NOT PICK ON PPL POSTING THEM. I find this site, ok. If mowyouover found it cool, then I'm sure SOMEONE out of FK's 500,000+ members community would find it cool as well! Typically, this thread (or the forum for that matter) should've stated the facts as to why who felt what and why. Similar to what mysticpixels's first post is....and that is all. Complaining about posting or defining whether or not to post them is just plain STUPID. Members have the right to post no matter how cool the site is. Period.
    What's that? You haven't seen my site yet?? Here you go - Click Me!

I realise i made a mistake by posting "Please dont post such sites....". I appoloigise for that. i understand that its every member's right to post their 'cool sites', and mowyouover has done just that.

I just wanted to reflect the standard of the section thats it...Cheers friends

I think it's a very nice site.
    If the rest of you think it's an amatuerish site then I guess I have some growing to do. Seriously, I do.

It is good one , and it is very simple, that what makes it attractive

Thanks guys, really appreciate the support.

good site. keep up the gewd work !

Not a great site, not a bad site, just in the middle ... not sure if it's a cool site though, which is the name of the forum.

Perhaps would have been better posted in the site review forum

NM
    Last edited by darkrom; 11-26-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mowyouover
    Alright, sorry, dont want to start an argument. Just thought it was something simple and cool...I'll be more careful.
    I don't think you have anything to apologize for.
    I honestly don't understand the "high" standards some have here. I mean, some still put down www.2advanced.com for crying out loud! They say it's old.
    This Flash medium is totally subjective; just like any other art form. It's the nature of the beat. And it's a real pain in the ass hearing bad things about something you feel is great. But that's life.