A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] SWF contains multiple copies of a sound item

[RESOLVED] SWF contains multiple copies of a sound item

I'm getting this error message in my Output Panel. I've looked thru my Timeline and can't find the copy being referred to. Boy, if I could just have a LIST of all the sound files in my current project, then I'd know...

Anything?

The first thing to do is clear aso. If it still persists check if the same sound item is in more than one folder. I got this kind of error message often when I had a component in a library folder and instead of taking it from there put a new component on stage, so there were 2 copies in the library.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Audio can't be on the timeline AND exported with a linkage ID

Ran into a similar problem and found that it was caused by the fact that I had a single audio clip that I used on the timeline and I also had that audio clip set to export for use in ActionScript with a linkage ID. Guess you can't do that. Strange but true. Hope that helps.

THANK YOU cancerinform. For my project I was given a source CD with what seems like hundreds of similarly named sound files and as I listened to them and copied ones I thought worked they quickly got out of hand on my hard drive. You solved my problem. I better keep it more organized and keep it simple next time. But thank you thank you thank you for helping.

Old thread, but I was having the same problem - but the export ID was not the issue.

I was importing some files to the timeline which were created with Captivate, Captivate sets little clicks for the mouse and such - so I was reusing the sound on the same timeline in the Flash authoring environment.

I was getting the error message until I went back and set all the sounds to "stream". The Captivate sounds were set to "event", I had set the ones I added as "stream" (in the properties panel). I would assume it works the other way around as well, you could set them all to event.

Anyway, setting them all the same (stream) solved it, no more error message.

Again, old thread, but damn Wheels, thanks! I was having that problem with a game and I put all the SFX on Stream and it works beautifully now!

I wish multiple problems be solved in threads like this one:

doubly resolved
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

Just to add to this thread of resolution...

I also had the multiple sound error, and it happened when I changed a sound from "Event" to "Stream" in a movie clip.

As soon as I would put it back to Event, the error would go away (but I needed it on stream).

So I finally just deleted that sound file from the library and re-imported it. After that, I set it to Stream and have had no problems since. Perhaps Flash was somehow confused about the kind of sound object it was.

- Kent