A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound problem

People want to eat me

Sound problem

In an animation I'm working on, I have one sound effect that occurs in one scene and another in the next. They are both set to stream. The first one plays fine and in time with what it is meant to, but the second one occurs way too early, even though it appears to be in the right place on the timeline and it works using live preview. I added the first one before the second, which was working fine before. I've tried loads of things and I'm completely stuck. Can anyone help? I know it's probably glaringly obvious. (Please bear in mind I know bugger all about actionscript and am relatively new to Flash) Thanks.

EDIT: I'm using Flash MX Proffesional 2004
    Last edited by cigaro; 10-11-2005 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to put which version I'm using
    Bob Marley Rules

Hi,
    What you may want to try: Donot use scenes. Why don't you implement your second scene on the same timeline and use a stop(); in the last keyframe of the first part. Then use a button to go to the next part or don't use (a stop) nor a button so that the movie will play automatically. I had the same kind of problems too and stopped using scenes. That helped me. Don't know your movie of course but it might help!
    Regards,
    Dolph