Hello all, its been a long time since I visited this site, but I think I may be getting back into Flash in a big way.
Heres what I am considering using Flash for.

I am looking at developing an application that will be used to conduct on-site installation surveys. It will be designed to be browser based, and will be targeted at a pocket pc platform.

The user will start a new installation survey, and will be able to add a series of 'checkpoints' throughout the survey. The best way to describe it is to say for example that the engineer is adding proposed locations for light-switches all around the site, and needs to add the location, type of light switch, some notes, and perhaps a digital image taken from the camera of the pocket pc. Each 'light switch' will be an individual record in a database.

When the survey is complete the engineer will have a collection of light switch locations,along with notes etc. These could potentially be large in file size, so I was planning on having the 'survey' stored on the pocket pc and upload it to the web server DB when it is finished.

My question is, does anyone know of an application that has already been developed, as I don't want to re-invent the wheel, and does Flash look like a viable option used alongside a PHP backend.