A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: User Testing: PLEASE PLAY MY GAME + FEEDBACK!!!

User Testing: PLEASE PLAY MY GAME + FEEDBACK!!!

Hi guys!
    I need to do user testing on a game I have been working on for an assignment. I would be ever so greatful if as many of you as possible could just give my game a quick test run and answer a few simple questions.

I would REALLY like to hear from kids aged up to 15, if there are any on this forum, but anyone will do.

Click HERE to download the game.

Thankyou so much, Id really appreciate any help!

--------------------------------------------------
    QUESTIONAIRE:

How old are you?:

Male or Female?:

What kinds of games do you play the most?:

Did you enjoy this game and why?:

Would you play this game again? If not why:

Did you find this game easy, difficult or too difficult?:

Was there anything that you didnt like about this game?:

Was there anything that you really liked about this game?:

Do you like the graphics in this game?:

Other Comments?:

Ooh just wanted to add that this was built from a game engine and if you could reply with your answer on this forum or in PM either would be great!

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer"

Ali

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    Ok, i got it working...

How old are you?: 16

Male or Female?: Male

What kinds of games do you play the most?: Stratergy, or anything thats stunning gameplay and visual wise.

Did you enjoy this game and why?: It wasnt bad, obviously aimed at slightly younger people, but still was playable.

Would you play this game again? If not why: No, nothing personal, i think a lot of the people on this board would be the same, but i dont generally play flash games other than to test them for people. Ive only ever gone back to play about 20 flash games out of the 800+ that ive probably played.

Did you find this game easy, difficult or too difficult?: Was quite hard really, if its aimed at younger people then it needs to be easier. I died on level 3 of easy, and the letters i needed just never came.

Was there anything that you didnt like about this game?: Not as such, was a couple of minor bugs, once a letter i needed kept dissapearing every time it came onto the screen.

Was there anything that you really liked about this game?: Other than the graphics it was pretty average (thats not to say i didnt like it, it was much better than many of the games on here).

Do you like the graphics in this game?: Yes, they were probably its best area, nice a clean, quite eye catching.

Other Comments?: Well one thing was that almost this exact game was shown here a few weeks ago (if it was you who showed it then fair enough, but i dont think it was) Other than the graphics it was pretty much identicle.

Overall its pretty good, it seems to work quite well, the graphics are nice, and there wernt really any major bad points. Just make it a bit easier.

Ali

A Flashkit User
    How old are you?: 18

Male or Female?: Male

What kinds of games do you play the most?: RPG/Adventures

Did you enjoy this game and why?: It was a well done game.

Would you play this game again? If not why: I probably wouldn't play this game because this seems to be created for educational purposes. If it wasn't, it can be used as it. I can see this game being used to teach younger people how to spell in a fun way.

Did you find this game easy, difficult or too difficult?: The game had a fairly good difficulty to it. The character doesn't move at fast speeds so it can be hard to get around some letters at times. However, the letters needed take a while to appear and when they do, their usually cluttered with a group of other letters. The younger targeted audience might find this a tad difficult.

Was there anything that you didnt like about this game?: It needs some sound effects or music. I find that music is what really makes a game good. A good game needs good music and sound. The only sound I noticed was when you got a wrong letter and that scared the hell outta me =P

Was there anything that you really liked about this game?: I liked the graphics and how the game was simple yet effective. It was very well done.

Do you like the graphics in this game?: The graphics were good. I liked the cartoon style graphics that you put into this game. It really sets the mood.

Other Comments?: On the second level, I had to spell out the word Ball. However, in the letter slots at the top, I could only see 3 slots rather then 4. I thought this was a mistake until I realized that the 4th slot was blended into the background. I think you should make these slots a bit more darker or bolder so that the player can see them more clearly. Also it needs some music and sound effects.
    Other then that, it was fun and well done, keep it up. Cant wait to try out the other parts of the game =D

-Ostil-

How old are you?: 24

Male or Female?:male

What kinds of games do you play the most?: platform

Did you enjoy this game and why?: not really, the pace was too slow and the movements of the character leave little choice of action

Would you play this game again? If not why: I don't think I would, but maybe is just I'm not the target audience for it.

Did you find this game easy, difficult or too difficult?: is difficult to control the character and to avoid taking the wrong balloons, because the hit area of the character is huge compared to the space between the rows of doves and balloons

Was there anything that you didnt like about this game?: The slow pacing, and limited movements. The background graphics were distracting, maybe try to use a bitmap with a little gaussian blur on it, or use desaturated colors on it and saturated on the game sprites...

Was there anything that you really liked about this game?: was very intuitive.

Do you like the graphics in this game?: the graphic were ok, but there are some issues like the described above; they can improve if a clear difference between scoreboards, sprites and background is made, and also improve the design of characters themselves (to convey more detail in the same space, so far they're too small to see how they look or react).

Other Comments?: is a good idea wich need tuning to turn out great. Keep up!
    Last edited by Sir Patroclo; 10-21-2005 at 02:52 PM.
    sleeping is a luxury I can't afford

Thanks guys,
    would love more feedback from others especially children and teenagers

This forum is great because has a very good feedback regarding game design.
    You should know then that
    most of the users in here are waiting game design issues not beta testing under 15.

PS: You should make it available online
    - text shouln't be selectable
    - keyboard control has to be improved
    - nice graphics
    Card Games - play many card games free
    Free Games many free online games