A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash with GPS?

flash with GPS?

does anyone know if there is a real possibilities that flash can integrate with GPS (global positioning system) device..?

or maybe something as for tracking device..

cheers all..

MobileDev
    yes, it is possible. If you can run flash on a mobile phone that connected to a GPS, then flash can be made to work with GPS.

would i need a c programming or java to do that or can i just use actionscript?

neway thanks for your reply...

imagination through stupidity
    uhh, c programming and Zinc (www.multidmedia.com) for Mobile Devices most likely.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

I think it would be easier to help if you told us on what system/ platform you like to develope this(pocket pc/palm/symbian/win xp etc..).
    And also what kind of gps you have(built in, bluetooth ...).
    Finaly how it should work, get a location when the user ask for it or stream data all the time.
    I have some expierience with gps on both xp(tablet pc) and pocket pc. I have done this with eVB and C#, but never with flash, working on this myself right now =).

/magnus

Hello i came accross this thread today, i am also wondering how i might go about using flash with a windows pda connected to a gps device, is the zinc the most straightforward way of doin this, I am proficent in flash but would like to avoid using java. There seems to be few tutorials on this subject. I would like fairly simple functionality for the moment just a grid that can take positions form the gps unit which i hear are transmitted as co-ordinates? Cheers guys, would apreciate any advice