A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swf blurry in html but not playing through flash Player

Swf blurry in html but not playing through flash Player

This is driving me nuts.

When I publish my movie into html and view it via the web the images appear blurry but when I view the movie via opening it up with the Flash Player the images appear nice a clean.

I have done everything by saving different formats (am using gif and Png) made sure the smoothing option is unticked the movie settings are at 100 the html settings are on high.

Just don't know what else could be doing this any thoughts

http://www.detmold.com.au/tool/proto...to_content.php
    heath

Are you resizing raster images within Flash? Like your pngs and gifs? This will cause them to blur. Save your files in Photoshop or whatever you use at the exact size you will use them in Flash. Even downsizing them will lower quality.

I'ts not that as I have saved them at the exact size in Photoshop and haven't resized them at all.

So I'm still baffled as to what it could be.
    heath

Post the .fla?

This is really weird.

The programmer that set this up used some code which had used a Flash 8 but opened it in MX 2004 which only has player 7 settings but opening the Flash 8 code allows him to publish it as a flash 8 player.

When I open the same movie and publish it with Player 7 settings and also tick the compress movie the images appear crisp what is with that.

Have no idea what is going on.

It needs to be player 8 for this component to work thats why we need it to publish with the the 8 settings.
    heath

I wouldnt recommend publishing anything to the web in flash 8 format. Saturation of the flash 8 player cant be more than 10-15% at this time. Flash 8 won't be useful until sometime next year when more people obtain it.

The application we have developed needs player 8 to work we have a sniffer which sends the users to instal if they haven't got it.

There's no choice!
    heath